We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you successfully define and lead the transition of Ramboll’s current IT project organisation to become a fit-for-future function. To succeed in this role, you must have substantial experience with IT project management, leading IT project managers, as well as a proven track record of being able to translate IT strategies into IT projects and successfully execute them.
Ramboll is on a growth journey and has a strong and ambitious focus on digitalisation. This is an exciting time to join an ambitious global company who has embarked on a focused digital transformation enabled by Ramboll IT. If you have the right skills and mindset, you can really make an impact – and be part of a transformational journey.
Are you our new Director IT Projects? Click the "Ansøg"-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Global IT organisation
As our new Director of IT Projects, you will head up the Project Management department, which consists of approximately 15 project managers and PMO staff. We manage all major IT projects and IT enabled change projects in Ramboll. The department is global with staff in six countries, supporting the global projects in Ramboll. We focus on having an engaged and professional work environment.
You will join the senior IT leadership team, reporting to the Head of Group IT. As member of this leadership team you will be driving the transformation of Global IT, implementing the IT strategy defined by senior management.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Define the new strategy for the IT project management function in Ramboll, anchoring it with key stakeholders and getting it approved by senior management
- Build and maintain a strong and competent IT project management function, based on competent and engaged IT project managers, through leading, guiding, supporting and coaching the project managers
- Translate the Ramboll IT strategy in to IT projects and execute them successfully with the IT project managers in your department
- Develop strategic relationships and provide expert IT project advice to influence organisational decisions and initiatives
- Drive the continuous improvement and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects
- Be an active member of the IT leadership team and drive and support the ongoing transformation of IT in Ramboll
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Substantial professional experience within IT project management of which a significant component should come from leading an IT Project Management function
- Ability to understand and deliver on local business requirements and a demonstrated ability to work as a leader in a matrix organisation
- Experience with working globally across geographies and cultures
- Relevant IT Project Management certificates, e.g. IPMA Level D, PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- The ability to build relationships and trust, so your business colleagues see you as their preferred partner, focusing on creating value for the business
- The ability to understand and navigate a complex, relationship-based organisation to achieve key objectives
- Being able to adopt a team-oriented approach to solving problems, as well as being able to drive results through others without having a formal direct line of command authority. You should be recognised as an inspiring leader, who create clarity and purpose for your staff
- You work professionally with capacity management and skill management
- You have strong international and cultural awareness and can consistently lead by example while acting with integrity, impartiality and independence, and applying sound personal judgment in all interactions
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse - we invest a lot in the development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 14,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy and Management Consulting.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 29th September 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.