Digital Operations Engineer
Are you a person who is all about optimization, someone who starts to think about automation after repeating same task more than twice?
Are you a person who is all about optimization, someone who starts to think about automation after repeating same task more than twice? Are you interested in working with operational tasks but doesn't mind running a small project every now and then to keep life more interesting?
We're looking for a new colleague to work in a motivated team of operations engineers, closely collaborating with customers (internal & external), software developers, product owners, subject-matter experts and data scientists.
What are you going to do?
As an Operations Engineer at MAN ES, your main tasks will revolve around; conceptualizing, developing, and testing solutions as well as automatizing the day-to-day tasks. Secondly some tasks will also include:
- On-board customers, users and assets
- Work with platform management and incident handling
- Utilize and develop monitoring tools for systems and processes
- Provide support to internal end users with day-to-day tasks
- Act as a second level support towards customers
- Work with task and process automation to make everything above easier
Learning while doing is a big part of the job as there are no two similar days, however there are also great possibilities to improve your skills in variety of internal and external trainings.
Daily used tools and technologies include but is not limited to: Git, Gitlab, Jira, Datadog, Confluence, SSH, AWS, Jenkins, Neo4j, XML, JSON, Python etc.
Familiarity with all is not necessary as you will have training period guided by your colleagues and constant support after training period.
Who are you?
We imagine that you have:
- Experience in automating or planning automation of IT tasks
- A good skillset with one or multiple scripting languages (E.g. Python, R)
- Familiarity with one or more cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Good understanding on APIs
- Bachelor's or master's degree from accredited college or university
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience with some graph database or time series database it’s a plus.
Furthermore, it is a bonus if you have experience with the following but it is not a must:
- Familiarity with 2- or 4-stroke marine / power plant engines
- Experience with networks, firewalls and network protocols
- Project management experience
How is your new team/area of business?
We are a department of 47 people, consisting of two teams; GroupDigital which houses 44, and an operations team of 3. The department works in a non-hierarchical structure, with a very flexible approach to work, as we act as the buffer between development and users. We have now reached a stage where we want to expand the operations team with a developer to help us optimize the operational foundation of workflows. In our team, no two days are the same, which means that every day is a new adventure.
The position is located in Copenhagen but you will be able to work from home.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Thursday the 27th of October 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Sauli Hurnanen by phone on +45 26667315. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder