Do you enjoy developing solutions that have a big impact on decarbonization?
If you can answer these questions with "yes", then you are exactly right with us: because we are looking for a dedicated colleague with the right attitude and also the right experience to support our Group Digital Operations team.
What are you going to do?
We at MAN Energy Solutions are working to deliver industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for our end customers, our operators, our licensees and for MAN ES. The opportunity as Digital Operations Engineer is key to the success of our Digital Strategy. You will be:
- On-boarding customers: pre-installation support; managing customer/ fleet / asset / data model; supporting initial asset connectivity (edge connectivity on-site or Cloud2Cloud), data flow; user onboarding and access control (authentication / authorization)
- Customer support: incident management; monitoring and supporting asset connectivity; managing the knowledge base
- Managing platform operations: managing production changes; monitoring performance & availability; communication of planned / unplanned outages
- Application support: over the shoulder for support end users with day-to-day application configuration (eg: standard chart configuration; standard analytic template configuration); knowledge sharing and feedback to development teams to drive continuous improvement
Who are you?
We are looking for a colleague who is keen on working in teams, exchanging ideas and developing in the collaboration with others. This combined with your curious nature, ensures that you keep investigating new ways of solving problems – to the benefit of both your own professional development, but also that of your colleagues.
When you are met with challenges – and we cannot promise that you won’t – your persistency and optimism enable you to keep trying until you succeed.
On a more professional (and technical) level, we imagine that you have professional experience in:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3 years of experience in an operations role ideally with ITIL
- Experience working with networking, including supporting services, eg: DHCP, DNS, etc
- Familiarity with version control and DevOps tools (Git, JIRA, Kibana, Rancher, etc)
- Basic coding and scripting (Python, etc) and common data formats (XML, JSON, etc)
- You are used to speaking English fluently and to help your team members in various locations and time zones
- Strong ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing, integrating non-technical terms with management, end users, including our customers for information and reporting operations solutions
- Strong collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
How is your new team?
We work in agile, non-hierarchical structures on applications and data-driven solutions used across the globe. Solutions that make a big impact on decarbonization. We are building a new team in Copenhagen. The new team will work closely with domain experts, for example, in our PrimeServ and Engineering in Copenhagen and existing teams across our locations. The team will take concepts that can start with a customer problem and end with products and services. When customers see them, they should immediately know that they are what they want. The team will welcome your creative mind, your collaboration, your willingness to share your knowledge, to ask good questions, to challenge assumptions, to embrace new ways of working and your persistence to deliver.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
- Space for participation: Share your ideas with us! In return, we will give you the space necessary to grow creatively
- Flexibility: Working occasionally from home or need some help while relocating? If we fit together, we make many things possible
- Continuous learning: Constantly broaden your horizons! Be it at our Open Spaces, at workshops, conferences or at our meetups and events, or by learning from failure
- Streamlined onboarding: Your colleagues will introduce you to everything you need to know and will be available to answer your questions
- Feel-good atmosphere: This includes a state-of-the-art working environment, great food, high-end IT equipment and great colleagues
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents.
The application deadline is Sunday 8th August 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.