DevOps engineer for essential team within Command & Control (C2), Søborg
Do you have experience from DevOps and/or IT and would you like to be part of a growing and essential team in our C2 organization in Terma, Søborg?
As a part of this role, you, and the team you will be part of, will be responsible for our Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) infrastructure and onsite test sites, which are central for our ability to deliver mission critical systems to our customers, primarily within national and NATO defense, to keep people safe.
Working out of our newly established Søborg location, you will be part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team currently counting 7 employees (and growing), with primary competencies within DevOps, SW, HW, and IT.
The team plays an important role in our CI/CD strategy and is responsible for the affiliated infrastructure development and maintenance including automatic deployment of our C-Flex system to our physical test sites, our staging environment, which to a high degree reflect the specialized environment on the vessels that our C-Flex system is deployed to.
Your primary tasks
In this role we are looking for a DevOps/IT engineer that is ready to be a part of our DevOps team within our C2 organization in Søborg.
Your most important tasks will thus be, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of our CI/CD infrastructure, which, e.g., entails automation of image build/deployment, test initiation/reporting, and software releasing.
- Scriptable orchestration and provisioning.
- Development of Infrastructure as code (IasC) and Configuration as code (CasC)
What’s our company like?
We are an international company representing world class expertise, delivering complex and high-tech products. We value our colleagues and our meaningful contributions to securing people through advanced technology. During your onboarding in Terma you can expect a thorough introduction and training in our systems and processes, as well as a strong focus on teaching you useful new competences and further strengthening current ones, both professionally and personally. Our company culture is autonomous and engaging, and we acknowledge the importance of flexibility in a great working environment. On our different locations, we offer various social activities to bring all our colleagues together.
How to succeed in this position?
Ideally you have 2 years of DevOps experience from a previous job, e.g., working with system/software development or IT.
Need to have competencies:
- DevOps – basic understanding incl. CI/CD
- Scriptable orchestration and provisioning - Ansible / Python
- Monitoring of HW/IT-systems, e.g., Zabbix, Cockpit, Grafana and Rsyslog
- Linux, e.g., configuration, distribution, and batch scripts
Nice to have competencies:
- SW architecture and development
- Windows and some knowledge on Power Shell and Packer
- Databases, e.g., redundancy, failover, and up time
- Dashboard technologies, e.g., Telegraf, InfluxDB and Prometheus
- Virtualization and container orchestration
- Fundamental cybersecurity knowledge
- Git or other source code management software
- Jenkins / Gerrit or other similar software for automation of build, test, deployment, and code review
- Automated testing and disaster recovery
Most important personality features:
- You are a team player, and you take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards your teammates and stakeholders.
- You are open-minded and ready to listen and understand other people’s point of view.
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving and ability understand and work with complex solutions.
- Good cooperation skills, as you will need to work with many people in the organization.
- Ability to learn about new languages and tools to improve our systems.
- You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles.
Any unanswered questions?
We look forward to receiving your application and CV. To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed, we only accept applications via the "Apply" link.
Application deadline: 2022-12-16
Applications will be processed continuously.
Bear in mind that candidates for this position must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish Defence Intelligence Service. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.