Development Scientists for RD Microbial Platform Development
For our department RD MP Development we are looking for 3 new Development Scientists working out of Hørsholm, Denmark. 2 positions are permanent and 1 is temporary (1 yr).
Development is part of Chr. Hansen’s RD organisation with a strong focus on developing new bacterial cultures for the food industry. Development plays a major role in long term projects, which are collaborations between various departments in our RD organisation, Global Application, Marketing and Production. In the Chr. Hansen product development value chain, Development is located between Discovery in the early end and before Global Application in the late end. Development typically defines the composition of the bacterial culture - and helps developing the bacterial components of the culture. In Development we are 23 experienced and high performing colleagues in Hørsholm.
- Develop new starter and bioprotective cultures for the food applications - primarily dairy
- Plan, execute and report on experimental work carried out in the laboratory and in development projects
- Prepare and conduct presentations on the results obtained in the laboratory and in projects
Your personal profile
- Hold a M.Sc. or a PhD degree in natural sciences - preferably within dairy or food technology, industrial microbiology, bacterial physiology or a related scientific field
- Have solid competences within dairy ingredients - e.g. starter and bioprotective cultures for dairy and other food applications e.g. wine and meat
- Master experimental design and data handling
- Appreciate to work in a laboratory environment and take an interest in developing experimental protocols useful for e.g. liquid handling robots
- Master English (spoken and written) and a second language. Danish or French are appreciated but not a strict requirement
- You have a structured approach to solving technical issues and are able to see the patterns behind the apparent chaos
- You are a quick learner and are not shaken easily by a changing environment
- You are creative, energetic and capable of making things work - on your own and in teams
- You are a good communicator
If you have any questions to the position, please feel free to contact Niels Bang Jensen Senior Director on tel. +45 4574 8555
Please apply on-line, click at the "Ansøg" link. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 1 November 2016.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder