We are looking for a new Development Scientist for our COMMBI team in Hørsholm.
The COMMBI department is a smaller department composed of 9 high performing employees in Hørsholm. COMMBI is anchored within the Culture Development department which is part of Chr. Hansen’s R&D organisation with a strong focus on developing new bacterial cultures for the food and beverage industry. All functions in Culture Development plays a pivotal role in long term projects, which are collaborations between various departments in our R&D organisation, Global Application, Marketing, Sales and Production.
In the Chr. Hansen product development value chain, Culture Development is located after Discovery and before Global Application. Culture Development typically defines the composition of the bacterial culture – and helps developing the bacterial components of the culture. COMMBI has the main responsibility of developing cultures for the food and beverage industry.
As our new Development Scientist your primary role will be to participate in various projects ensuring the development of new bacterial cultures aligned with our customers’ expectations.
As such your tasks will be to
- Develop new starter and bioprotective cultures for food applications - primarily within food, beverage and plant-based applications
- Plan, execute and report on experimental work carried out in the laboratory and in development projects
- Prepare and conduct presentations on the results obtained in the laboratory and in projects in the project teams
- Elements of project management can from time to time be part of the job
Entrepreneurial and driven scientist to create progress
The ideal candidate holds a Ph.D. in natural sciences - preferably within food science or a related scientific field. On top of your educational background you have solid competences within microbiology and/or bioprotective cultures through some years of relevant experience within a related area.
- Master experimental design and data handling - preferably with experience in multivariate data analysis tools
- Appreciate to work in a laboratory environment and take an interest in developing experimental protocols useful for e.g. liquid handling robots
- Master English (spoken and written) and a second language. Danish, German or French are appreciated but not a requirement
As a person you are creative, energetic and capable of making things work - on your own and in teams. You are a quick learner and you are not shaken easily by a changing environment.
You work with every part of the value chain as such it is a clear advantage that you are a good communicator that thrive in an interactive role. You will be the R&D representative in different projects and ensure progress by having the holistic overview and goalsetting. Therefore, it is also essential that you have a structured approach to solving technical issues and can see the patterns behind the apparent chaos.
For more information and application
If you have any questions to the position, please contact Manager, Kristina Rasch Jäpelt by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is the 18th of August 2019. Please mark your application "Development Scientist in COMMBI".
Read more about a career at Chr. Hansen here
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.