DTU Skylab is DTU’s Innovation hub. We are a vibrant community supporting diverse activities such as; curricular courses, company collaborations and startup support. In the 8 years that Skylab has existed it has become a dynamic innovation hub with more than 5000 m2 of offices, teaching facilities, workshops and laboratories.
DTU Skylab is both an innovation environment with startups and company collaborations, and an ambitious learning environment where we train skilled engineers with a desire to make a difference in the world.
DTU Skylab is running the project, DTU Skylab Pilots, aiming to support pilot phase development collaborations between startups and established companies. The support is targeting higher success rate of deep tech startups reaching the market by teaming up with established companies.
Your primary task will be:
- To manage and drive technology development projects in collaboration with the startups and established companies
- To produce plans for development and tests necessary for technology and market validation
- To ensure progression and success of the development projects by involving relevant technical resources and competences
- To recruit external experts, researchers and students to support the development projects
You will be a part of the Technology Section consisting of 12 colleague with know-how and hands-on expertise in DTU Skylab’s four technology tracks; Fabrication, Digitalisation, Natural Science and Sustainable Food Systems.
We expect that you:
- Are engineer or have similar technology educational background
- Have a solid and broad technology knowledge within several engineer topics, e.g., mechanics, electronics, software technology
- Have hands-on experience in working with technology development and implementation in systems and testbeds
- Have experience in driving technology development projects
- Have good communication and relational skills
As a person we expect you to become a part of our culture and be able to contribute to and build upon the effort that has been established in the first 8 years of DTU Skylab’s journey.
Who are we?
We are approx. 50 full time employees in 4 sections. We have an informal culture and we can laugh, party and be very serious about what we do. We love our users and love to tell all the great stories about the projects running in DTU Skylab, such as; building rockets, farming fish, developing laboratory robots, student associations and international summits just to mention a few.
It is a challenging job in a very dynamic environment with both business suits and welding masks. You will become a part of a culture and organization in constant rapid development, and you will have a lot of influence on this development.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The position is a two year project employment. The position is to be filled no later than 1 August 2022 or as soon as possible. You will refer to Kristine Garde, Head of Technology Section.
You will be employed at DTU Skylab and the workplace is DTU Lyngby Campus, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 24 May 2022 (Danish time). Open the “Apply” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
As part of the employment process you will be asked to take a personality test.
If you wish to learn more about DTU Skylab and the position then feel free to contact Kristine Garde +45 5171 7776 or Søren Ammundsen, Project Manager Skylab Pilots, +45 9351 1148.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.