Do you want to take the green transition in Denmark and Europe to the next level with integrated energy systems? As our new Developer on the data platform, you will take part in creating a national data platform, using machine learning to identify potential flexibilities across energy systems, and providing the foundation for optimised utilisation of renewable energy through new innovative business models. You will be employed in our newly established research centre in the Danish Triangle Region.
Center Denmark is a national research center backed up by the board of directors consisting of EWII, Energinet, Aalborg Forsyning, HOFOR, Thorsen Invest, Danish Technical University (DTU), University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Aalborg University (AAU) and Aarhus University (AU).
The data platform you will develop will be a core product for Center Denmark, and it will collect large amounts of nationwide data across the three energy systems namely electricity, water and heating. Using artificial intelligence, the data platform will identify potential flexibilities in terms of ‘virtual energy storage’ and ensure optimal utilization of existing ‘physical energy storage’. You will develop the data platform in cooperation with a large national research and development project called Flexible Energy Denmark (FED – see www.flexibleenergydenmark.dk) and thus also in close collaboration with the four Danish universities AAU, DTU, SDU and AU as well as through interaction with a series of companies and Living Labs.
Your areas of responsibility will be:
- in collaboration with the team, universities and partners, to establish and further develop the national data platform and collect energy related data from the electricity, water and heating sectors in order to provide Center Denmark’s partners with smart decision signals allowing their applications to be included in ‘virtual energy storage’.
- to integrate meter data and data from an increasing amount of hardware applications across the energy systems to expand the volume of real time data the machine learning algorithms can be trained upon.
- to execute on Center Denmark’s commitments and deliverables to the FED project, including establishing and operating the IT infrastructure.
- to develop national and international partnerships, ensuring that Center Denmark’s data platform is constantly pushing the limits of state-of-the-art data management and artificial intelligence.
- to establish an ambitious product roadmap for the platform that supports the commercial strategy
- to participate in networks and ensure cross-disciplinary dialogue and knowledge sharing with Center Denmark’s partners.
We offer you a position in a company with a start-up DNA bridging between research and commercial implementation. We will for sure promise you that two days will never look the same. Your tasks will be highly dynamic, and you will bridge from backend to frontend and both do coding and more outgoing activities as consultant tasks for partners – in the beginning primarily supporting partners within FED on data management and ingestion to Center Denmark platform.
Establishing IT-infrastructure, data management, visualization of data, consultant activities on digitalization, training of AI algorithms together with university partners, project management will among other things be part you of your daily work. But as a member of a start-up company you shall be prepared to do many kinds of tasks. You are also expected to provide technical input for new R&D-applications, but not expected to do writing of proposals.
We are constantly developing and maturing the company, and you have the opportunity to grow together with the team. You will have high degree of freedom, and impact on solutions and choices of technology and execution of tasks.
You will be an important sparring and collaboration partner to the director and the project manager. With you onboarded, we will be a team of three, and you will be reporting directly to the director. In the coming time it is expected to grow the team even further.
You will be part of a large network with close “project-colleagues”, and some will occasionally sit together with Center Denmark. This is researchers, professors and Ph.D.-students from university partners, and fellow developers from company partners. You will join an inspiring office environment as part of a Business Incubator for digitalization and energy technologies. So, there will be a lot of people to socialize with.
The right candidate for the position has some of the following qualifications:
- Good communication skills in both Danish and English and motivated in collaborating with project partners, customers and colleagues.
- You may have 1 - 2 years’ experience, or just recently graduated as e.g. M.sc. in Software, Data or Computer Science or similar.
- A high personal drive to create results and eager to learn – you don’t need prior knowledge of energy systems, but you need to be highly motivated to learn and build your competences within digitally integrated energy systems.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of data management, data integration and databases, collection of sensor data and hardware-in-the-loop processes. You may even have experience within Data Lake methodologies.
- Object oriented programming and mastering one programming language. You might have knowledge of scripting languages and the concept of docker containers.
- Used to work in Devops/agile teams.
- Thriving in a start-up environment where various ad hoc tasks need to be solved to fulfill the mission.
- You have a commercial mindset supporting translating research results into commercial services, products or features.
Center Denmark – Intelligent Energy
Center Denmark is a national research center working to promote development of digitally integrated energy systems in order to enhance society’s transition to renewable energy sources and reduce environmental impact. Center Denmark contributes to establishing a national framework to promote research, development, testing and demonstration in connection with the transition to a fossil-free green society, building the foundation for a Danish “Silicon Valley” of energy systems.
To start with, your place of work will be Kokbjerg 30, KD-6000 Kolding. In future, we expect to be moving to new offices in the Triangle Region.
Deadline for applying is 14th of April. 1st round interviews are expected to be in week 18. 2nd round interviews are expected to be in week 21.
We look forward receiving your application, which you submit by clicking the “Ansøg” button. The recruitment process is handled by Center Denmark Fonden in cooperation with EWII.
If you have any questions in relation to the position, please contact Mikke Rishøj.
We treat all applications equally, regardless of nationality, cultural background, gender or age.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder