Are you driven by working with product development? And do you have solid experience with cost analysis and Design for Value? Do you want to use your commercial and technology knowledge to optimize costs and help shape the future of audio technology?
Become Jabra’s new Conceptual Cost Manager and help develop products from Jabra’s extensive audio technology portfolio.
We work with global sourcing
Through its Jabra brand, GN Audio is a world leader in innovative hands-free audio solutions, and as Conceptual Cost Manager, you work in Operations Project Management. With your technical skills, knowledge of economics and commercial flair, you work with Product Management and R&D conceptual teams, building solid business cases from concepts to actual product delivery. Working in a global team with offices in China and Denmark, you join a team of dedicated colleagues in Denmark.
Manage costs and help shape the future of audio technology
As Conceptual Cost Manager, it is your responsibility to guard the product cost by challenging R&D on their suggested technologies, specifications or material selections. You will use your experience to work with the responsible Commodity Manager in Global Sourcing and the responsible Partner Manager to ensure the best possible product cost.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the organization with value/cost analysis on our products, e.g. via should cost modelling, and target setting (permissible cost)
- Investigate and motivate for cost effective design and manufacturability through mapping of value/cost opportunities related to product and design options
- Successfully manage your stakeholders to ensure understanding of relation between product features and cost and ensure commitment to achieve best product cost.
- Clarify, communicate and reduce product cost uncertainty to de-risk NPI projects Pre-BC
- Support and represent sourcing strategies in concepting
- Support Tech Studies value/cost analysis and anchor learnings in cost estimation tools
For us success is measured as defining and achieving ambitious product cost targets in a professional way.
Technical understanding combined with economic and commercial skills
You have a technical background combined with 8+ years of international business and economics experience - while you have also had operational ownership within a mechanical or electronic segment.
It is imperative that you have:
- a background within Sourcing/Procurement with a detailed understanding of cost drivers on both component and product assembly level - cross-functional experience is an advantage
- solid experience in working with product development understanding cost of parts, surface structures and tools
- You have experience with LEAN, Design for Value/cost and should cost modelling.
- fluent capabilities in English, both written and spoken.
- solid experience in facilitating and driving tear down exercises
- experienced in doing top down and bottom up cost estimates
As a person, you are solution orientated and have a business understanding combined with cost consciousness and strong interpersonal and negotiation competences. You have a strong drive, allowing you to challenge the way we do things and you maintain a passion for quality and attention to details. Finally, you have a strong customer focus and thrive, and are used to working in teams where knowledge is shared, and ideas are freely discussed.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than November 10, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Director of Operations Project & Partner Management, Per Romose, by phone +45 2466 4038.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.