Do you want to be responsible for the entire mechanical works for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), tunnel ventilation, fire suppression, water supply and drainage, access facilities, flooring & screens, elevators and leave your mark on one of the biggest infrastructure construction projects in Europe; building the world’s longest immersed tunnel between Denmark and Germany?
Then join us and become a Design Manager Mechanical Systems at Femern A/S where you’ll be one of our design managers with a leading role for the subject area.
The preparation for the construction of the 18 km long Fehmarnbelt Tunnel between Rødbyhavn on Lolland and Puttgarden in Germany is progressing. As project owner, Femern A/S is the company responsible for the planning, construction and operation of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel. Femern A/S is a subsidiary company of the state-owned Sund & Bælt Group together with the Oresund Link and the Great Belt Link.
We are an organisation of very dedicated employees with Danish, German and international backgrounds and great experience from mega projects around the world. In Denmark, we have offices in Copenhagen, where you will be located, and in Rødbyhavn. We have also offices in Germany. For further information about the Fehmarnbelt project and working in Femern A/S please visit www.femern.com and https://femern.com/da/Career.
You will become part of the Technical Division in the TEM (Tunnel Electro-Mechanical) Department and will be primarily responsible for all design issues in relation to HVAC, tunnel ventilation, fire suppression, water supply and drainage, access facilities, flooring & screens, elevators and its interfaces to other services. After a successful tender process the focus will be on managing and monitoring the TEM contractors and to ensure all works are carried out in compliance with all relevant requirements / standards. In the subject matter you have to drive progress with consultants and contractors, ensuring that they are on time and well within their risk frame and relevant authority approvals are in place.
The position as Design Manager Mechanical includes both technical knowledge and management skills.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Managing and coordinating E&M consultants and contractors.
- Establish the owner’s requirements / management procedures & support the climate friendly agenda.
- Support the Project Information Management Systems, e.g. BIM, Requirement Management, Think-project, DMS, etc.
- Support the procurement process for the TEM contract, including the technical dialogue with bidders.
- Engaging in interfaces with e.g. civil works and railway works.
- Engaging / reviewing contractors design submissions, procedures, schedules, equipment, manuals etc. and ensure project compliance with all relevant requirements.
- To manage and to support testing & commissioning regimes.
- Support / coordination / structure of documentation e.g. for handover, O&M, design, as built etc.
- Value engineering, change management and reporting.
Your profile: Modern, dynamic and proactive Design Manager
As Design Manager, you’ll draw on your solid project management experience on electro mechanical works from other mega-scale projects, preferable on tunnels, underground infrastructure, railway or similar projects with complex mechanical systems.
You have a M.Sc. degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 10 years of job experience in engineering, design, construction of mechanical systems with either contractors or consultants. You have a proven track-record of successfully handling and delivering the specified systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Broad and long-time management experience in design and construction management.
- Technical knowledge and experience with emphasis in mechanical works as well as basic overview in electrical works.
- Convincing and strategic but also hands-on experiences.
- Working experience on large scale infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of local (Danish), European norms and standards
- Able to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Language: English - Fluent, orally and written.
Femern A/S offers you
As Design Manager Mechanical at Femern A/S, you will get the responsibility for your own crucial part of a unique mega project namely the Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link.
You will experience an organisation constantly changing as the project develops, and your working day will be challenging and versatile with a large interface in the organisation, which is characterised by an informal tone and dedicated colleagues.
You will be offered an attractive employment package according to qualifications as well as company healthcare scheme and other benefits.
Please upload your application, CV and diplomas/certificates via the link below no later than 23 August 2020.
Questions can be directed to TEM Contract Director Stefan Konetschny, on telephone +45 3032 1663.