Femern A/S is looking for a Design Coordination Manager for the German part of the works, who runs the design review and approval process and ensures, that the design is in accordance with the requirements and fulfilling Femern obligations towards the German authorities.
Femern A/S have commenced works establishing the Fehmarnbelt tunnel and the preparation for the construction of the 18 km long tunnel between Puttgarden in Germany and Rødbyhavn in Denmark is progressing. As project owner, Femern A/S is the company responsible for the planning, construction and operation of the Fehmarnbelt tunnel. Femern A/S is a subsidiary company of the state-owned Sund & Bælt Group, who also is responsible for the Oresund Link and the Great Belt Link.
We are an organisation of very dedicated employees with Danish, German and international backgrounds and great experience from mega projects around the world. We have our main office in Copenhagen, site offices in Rødbyhavn and in Burg auf Fehmarn. For further information about Femern A/S and the Fehmarnbelt project, please visit www.femern.com.
You will become part of the Technical Division in the Tunnel Portal, Ramps and Landworks Department and are based in the main office in Copenhagen.
Working alongside with the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the design coordination relating to the construction activities in Germany. This involves managing the design review process and the technical interaction with the Prüfer and German authorities.
In order to facilitate a close dialogue with our construction and German stakeholders, your frequent visit to our site office in Burg is expected.
The scope includes the establishment of railway and motorway including several bridges and underpasses, establishment of the approx. 400 meter cut and cover Tunnel Portal.
Your key tasks will include:
- Design review of contractors’ technical documentation in coordination with Femern Consultants including coordination with the German Prüfer.
- Coordination with authorities and ensure that permits are followed, and that Femern A/S is fulfilling its obligations
- Ensure that construction risk, health and safety matters are properly handled by the Contractor
- Interface coordination between disciplines
- Coordination and reporting across the project matrix organisation
Your profile: A structured Design Coordination Manager
You have a degree in Civil Engineering or similar and more than 10 years’ experience in civil works design and design coordination of complex projects.
It is important that you are well formulated both in writing and orally, as good communication skills are essential.
The communication with the contractor will be in English while the communications with the authorities will be in German.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- High engineering skills within large civil works’ structures
- Integral project understanding across disciplines
- Structured, flexible and open minded with good communication and collaboration skills
- Able to work independently and in good integration with the team
- Focused and require high quality in your work
- Dynamic and agile – working with more tasks simultaneously
What we offer
Working at this large-scale construction project represents great opportunities for your personal and professional development. As a Design Coordination Manager at Femern A/S, you will acquire a close insight into our mega tunnel project from working at the Technical Department.
You will experience an organisation with a high level of competence and professionalism, working together as a team for the same goal of successfully constructing the fixed link.
Your remuneration package will be according to your qualifications and you will be offered health insurance and other staff benefits.
Upload your application, CV and examination certificates using the following link no later than 28 February 2021.
If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact our Design Manager, Tunnel Portal, Ramps and Landworks, Andreas Koester by e-mail email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder