Department Manager - Software R&D
Strategic overview, attention to detail, project management and people management skills. You will need it all to drive this agile software department!...
Strategic overview, attention to detail, project management and people management skills. You will need it all to drive this agile software department!
The 3Shape Audio software is used world-wide by the audio industry to design and 3D print in-ear devices like custom hearing aids and music earphones. The products developed by the Audio team range from Windows desktop applications for 3D scanning and CAD modelling, through patient data management and into Cloud services for data transfer and analysis.
The project is in a healthy state which enables us to deliver high value features to our customers while continuously improving the quality. Building on this, we want to explore some very exciting new business opportunities and at the same time move towards a more continuous delivery minded approach.
For this purpose, we are looking for a skilled manager with plenty of drive and initiative. Someone who can plan strategically for a growing department, who can keep a project on track and communicate well with stakeholders, who understands agile software development and continuous delivery, and last but not least, who can motivate and empower extremely clever individuals to make the coolest software products.
You will be heading a development department of around 20 friendly, energetic colleagues. We value team-work, we help each other, and we have fun together. We work in an agile environment and use Kanban as the main work process. The team members are co-located 50-50 in Copenhagen and Kiev and collaborate closely and continuously.
As a successful candidate you should:
- Have professional experience with software project management and agile development
- Have professional experience with line management
- Be an energetic and positive person, open to input from others
- Be able to understand, describe, and summarize complex technical solutions
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement
- Be able to prioritize and juggle many goals at once
- Possess a strong level of English - both written and spoken
In the job, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, and driving department goals and project milestones
- Alignment between software development teams, product management, hardware development, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with the test and release manager to execute timely releases.
- Supporting and driving a common vision of superior processes and products
- People management for the Danish part of the development team (8-10 people)
- An attractive workplace with highly skilled and committed colleagues in an informal environment
- Many interesting challenges that will require your technical, analytical and communicative skills
- Tremendous career development opportunities, due to 3Shape’s exponential growth
- Open mindedness in a fun, professional atmosphere
- Competitive employment terms and benefits with strong focus on a good work-life balance
If you are interested, and you believe you can make a truly positive impact in this exciting position, please apply as soon as possible via the link "Ansøg" found on this page as we are reviewing candidates continuously. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder