Department Manager for Offshore Cable Installation - Execution
Can you lead and develop a team of key resource employees responsible for the construction of some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Department Manager for the Offshore Cable Installation - Execution department in our Offshore business unit where you’ll be responsible for providing competent resources to the Asset Projects currently in the execution phase, while training and developing the staff in the department. You’ll maintain company best practice, assure quality and implement lessons learned.
You’ll join an enthusiastic leadership team with focus on leading and developing our people and on ownership, performance and customer satisfaction. Your department will consist of approximately 20 project managers and specialists and is part of the overall Offshore Cable Installation department with almost 50 employees.
The Offshore Cable Installation department is a part of Construction under EPC, delivering installation of wind farms globally. The department consists of skilled and dedicated people providing project management competences and specialist competences for technical cable installation during all stages of the projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mindset to Asset Projects internationally
- assure quality of work performed by own resources in relation to company best practice through peer reviews and provide recommendations for projects where required
- recruit, train and manage people development
- identify portfolio risks and mitigate risks in own functional area via own employees
- maintain and continuously improve company best practice - based on lessons learned - and align interfaces with stakeholders.
As part of the department’s leadership team, you’ll also be driving strategic development activities for the overall department.
Your competences include that you
- have significant leadership and team management experience from a complex, international matrix organisation
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, have solid technical understanding and have relevant installation experience from within the offshore industry
- can demonstrate strong, proven people management skills and have a global mindset, having managed employees from a distance
- have strong, proven stakeholder management skills
- have a proactive and systematic approach to developing and implementing best practice.
Moreover, you’re excellent at leading, coaching, supporting and developing your team. You’re a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re able to drive yourself and your team forward and are able to ensure cross-organisational collaboration to allow innovation and improvements to reduce the cost of electricity. You’re able to keep the bigger picture in mind at all times, yet you understand the importance of minding the details. As we operate in a highly international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte Krogh, Senior Manager for Offshore Cable Installation, by telephone on +45 9955 2657, if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.