Department Manager for Control system edge platform
Could you see yourself driving the development and deployment of the next generation edge platform for our engine control systems? Then this might be the position for you.
You will build and lead a team of highly skilled specialists within software development, cloud architecture, DevOps etc. at the front line of our digital transformation. The department is the corner stone in transforming our approach to maintaining our engines.
Our engines are typically by far the most significant component of modern vessels. The analysis and utilization of main engine data is a central focus point for most of our customers. In this position, you will be driving the development of a central access point for our business and customers to generate value from data.
What are you going to do?
As department manager, you:
- Will drive the transformation of our current control system interfaces into a modern, connected edge architecture
- Implementation of the company's strategy to grow revenue based on software functionality and services
- Be a key player in setting the direction for the integration of main engine data with the central ship automation system
- Lead, develop and grow the people of the department
- Drive continuous improvements in the development process of the department.
- Drive the prioritization, planning and execution of the development activities
- Manage stakeholders internal and external
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Have a background as a developer, architect or similar with a good understanding of the development and delivery of software based products
- Have the people skills to lead a team of highly passionate specialists
- Have a business mindset allowing you to make tough decisions and set a direction, which assures a good balance between progress, quality and timely delivery
- You bring your ambitions, visions and energy to create something new, but also the patience and empathy to involve and empower your team and drive team motivation and performance
How is your new team/area of business?
You will be part of the Automation Basic Platform department in Copenhagen. You will be reporting directly to the head of the department. The department has end to end responsibility for the development, classification and production of our proprietary platforms and application frameworks for controlling and interfacing our engines. The department spans both Copenhagen and Augsburg with a total of roughly 70 people, where roughly 40 are placed in Copenhagen.
We are a mixed group of mainly electronics and software engineers covering hardware design, FPGA, embedded software, PC software (Windows & Linux), user interface, cyber security, data management etc.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Friday the 30th of July 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager, Ralf Stokholm by phone on +45 33 85 29 77. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.