Department Manager for international Project Scientist team
Chr. Hansen is a world leader within microbiological solutions to the global food industry.
In Fresh Dairy Global Application we support new product development and provide technical support worldwide in relation to application of starter cultures, probiotic cultures with clinical documentation and enzymes. The organization consists of 30-some employees organized in 5 teams, spanning 10 different nationalities and situated in respectively Hørsholm (DK) and Arpajon (FR).
We are currently looking for an ambitious Department Manager to head-up a newly established cross-country team of Project Scientists working on new product development (NPD) projects as well as driving several application competence tracks. The team consists of ≈ 7 passionate scientists placed in our sites in respectively Hørsholm and Arpajon - but working as one joint team. The Department Manager can be based at either of these two locations. The project work is planned and conducted in close collaboration with two teams of projects technicians working in our well-equipped pilot dairies and laboratories.
- Secure successful merger and collaboration in the joint Danish/French project scientist team and secure that the competences and potentials of each site and each person are fully exposed and utilized
- Drive successful and timely NPD projects (our pipeline consists of projects in varying sizes from fast track customized solutions to big strategic platform programmes) with your team in collaboration with the project value-chain in our entire organization
- Support the competence track chairmen in your team to successfully drive their tracks of competence development and global competence deployment - hereunder to align the competence roadmaps with our business segment roadmaps
- Drive the professional and personal development and engagement of your team
- Excellent collaboration with numerous stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Contribute in the Fresh Dairy Application leadership team across DK and FR and across teams with different missions and assignments
Your personal profile
- You have experience and success with people management and your passion and career aspiration is within line management
- You are strongly motivated by the mission to secure success for this new joint scientist team across the borders, and you see this as an attractive opportunity to travel and to engage in both the Danish and French activities, specializations and sites.
- As a manager, you know just how to engage your employees and create a positive and energetic working culture delivering successful and timely results
- You have a PhD/MSc background in food/dairy/bio science & technology and you are still passionate and capable of contributing to technical brainstorms and discussions
- You are highly ambitious, you have a strong integrity and yet a flexible attitude
- You have multicultural understanding and master English in written and spoken - and preferably Danish and/or French
If you have questions, please contact Ditte Marie Folkenberg, Director at email@example.com
Please apply online via the "Ansøg" kink and no later than January 15th 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. All solutions are based on strong research and development competencies and significant technology investments.