Deep tech business developer for startups - European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre Denmark
Do you want to help planet Earth benefit from space technology? And would you like to be part of a new team building an ambitious European Space Agency incubator for early-stage space startups in Denmark?
The European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre Denmark (ESA BIC DK) is looking for a hands-on, ambitious and self-driven business developer with a strong understanding of technology and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Beginning in Q1 2020 and over the next 5 years, the Danish ESA BIC will support the incubation of 40 early-stage, scalable space-related startups to promote the commercialization of space technology and satellite data for the benefit of Danish industry, human welfare and society at large.
The 40 startups supported by ESA BIC DK may be hardware as well as digital startups and a majority will aim for non-space industry sectors where space can create commercial value through spin-off technology or applications of satellite data and systems.
ESA BIC DK comprises a national management unit located at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and three incubation hubs at the University of Aalborg, the University of Aarhus and at DTU in Kgs. Lyngby. Based at DTU, the deep tech business developer will be the driving force in identifying and supporting ESA BIC DK startups in the Capital Region.
In close collaboration with ESA BIC DK colleagues, the main tasks of the business developer will be to:
- Identify opportunities among research groups at DTU for creating new space-related startups
- Actively scout for space-related startup candidates in the entrepreneurial ecosystem outside DTU
- Provide business development support to start-ups during incubation to help them develop validated, scalable business models
- Support ESA BIC DK promotion and networking among relevant stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the development and operational success of ESA BIC DK
We are looking for a team member with:
- A minimum of MSc or PhD in Science, Engineering or other similar technical or scientific specialization
- Business orientation
- Strong eye for identifying new promising startup candidates
- Experience with high-tech entrepreneurship and commercialization processes
- Professional proficiency in the Danish language
- Previous experience within the space sector is not a prerequisite, but a passion for space is an asset.
We are looking for a team member who is:
- Passionate about creating value through technology
- A self-starter
- Goal-oriented and hard-working
- Creative and innovative and is striving to continuously improve performance
- Thriving in a team-based setting
- Possessing strong networking skills
- A good sense of humor will also be considered an asset.
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international organization with a strategic focus on high-tech entrepreneurship. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer great flexibility in the position.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You will be employed at DTU Space and the workplace is DTU Lyngby Campus, Kgs. Lyngby.
You will be reporting to ESA BIC Denmark manager Sune Nordentoft Lauritsen.
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position as soon as possible. The duration of the position is five years.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 17 November 2019 (local time). Open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
If you would like additional information about the position, you are welcome to contact ESA BIC Denmark manager Sune Nordentoft Lauritsen, phone +45 2374 3569 or e-mail: email@example.com
You can read more about ESA BIC Denmark on our homepage: www.esabic.dk
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.