Working with IT infrastructure for our SCADA hardware platform.
For the engineering department located in Brande, Denmark we are looking for a dedicated apprentice who can assist our team in the design and maintenance of the IT solutions for our SCADA platform used globally in all Siemens Wind Power Plants.
The SCADA hardware team consists of a group of dedicated employees. The team is responsible for the IT platform used in our turbines and for our SCADA platform. Furthermore we are responsible for the design and production of the SCADA systems used for supervision, control and data acquisition from all wind farms globally.
You will be a part of a team which operates in a busy and rapid changing environment. It is therefore a requirement that you are able to handle and cope with many parallel ongoing tasks.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working with servers, network equipment and UPS technologies
- Working with software applications such as Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016, VM-Ware, Microsoft SQL etc.
- Development and maintenance of PowerShell scripts for automated installation and configuration
- Management of our different test system. Keeping track of our assets and assist the systems needs to be adjusted or rebuilt
- Test automation. Assist in the implementation of our test automation strategy. This could be writing test specification, test cases and scripts for automated test
- Participate in misc. process improvement activities
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have finished your education as IT supporter or have finished the first year introductory course of the data-technician education
- You have knowledge of networking and server technologies
- IT and network security is an interest area for you
- You understand the need for documentation and implementation of standard processes
- You are a dedicated team player and you thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- You have strong communication skills and can interface with numerous parties
- You deliver high quality - also under pressure
- You speak Danish and possess fluency in spoken and written English
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
If you want to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGqJqpy8SKc
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Kenneth Andreasen via phone +45 3037 4186
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder