Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about data science? Then you might be our new Data Scientist/Software Engineer.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners, and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel, and many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Data Scientist/Software Engineer
We’re looking for a passionate data scientist/application developer to help spearhead data solutions and infrastructure build-up for our application development teams. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for building and supporting needed web and data infrastructure components for our organization and research needs.
You will improve our application research processes and continuously find ways to advance our digital solutions, device data-driven solutions to meet technical challenges and increase scientific insights. Important deliverables are scalable and robust solutions from combination of external and internal software components.
Welcome to Digitalization in Agriculture & Industrial Biosolutions Application Research
You will be part of a team of data science engineers of diverse backgrounds tasked with implementing and leveraging industrial data science in collaboration with our application research units, from mapping research workflows/processes to capturing data in structurally consistent manner with the aim of developing advanced analytics and data driven decision-making.
You will be part of dedicated and experienced global team based in US and Denmark. Our daily work takes place in a dynamic, creative, and international scientific environment, and as a data team we are able to build our solutions via our in-house data science platform with access to a powerful computation cluster, including systems with high-end GPUs, practically unlimited storage, and the ability to run essentially any open-source ML or data science tool on our Unix servers running exciting Big Data technology stack.
The position offers possibilities for personal development and interactions across disciplines. If you’re passionate about creating high impact data solutions in the life sciences space and working as part of a collaborative team, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Improve our application research processes and continuously find ways to advance our digital solutions
- Build and support needed web and data infrastructure components for our organization
- Deliver scalable and robust solutions from combination of external and internal software components
- Work within and across other digitalization teams to deliver on Novozymes digitalization goals
- Become part of a dynamic team that
- Build software that fulfills specific needs in scientific data capture and analysis
- Facilitate ingestion and automated (meta)data capture following best data practices (FAIR)
- Ensure tooling and data connectivity for augmented decision making
- Remain current on technology trends to keep our software solutions as impactful as possible
To succeed you bring these skills and qualifications:
- Solid and documented experience in Python programming
- Good understanding of core programming principles, including design and unit testing
- Keen attention to detail, self-starter, & team player
- Enthusiasm about working in an Agile and cross functional development team in a hybrid office setting
The preferred candidate also has
- Ability to improve our overall skillset in our data science stack (Python/R, databases, App development)
- Proficiency with version control tools, such as Git
- Statistical data analysis (and ML) using R, Python, SAS JMP and other platforms
- Experience in lab automation and or working as part of a development team
Location: This job is a hybrid of working from home and in person collaborating at our site in Lyngby, Denmark and with our US East coast-based team members.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: August 22nd, 2022. Please note that applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore the advert may close before indicated deadline.
Contact details: Mads Torry Smith, Head of Digitalization in Agriculture and Industrial Biosolutions Application Research, email@example.com .
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder