Data Scientist for our Business Analytics Department
Do you have a passion for data science? Would you like to work in a fast-growing, global, pharmaceutical company where you will play an important role in creating models to gain critical business insights and support daily decision-making? Then here is the opportunity to join a professional, friendly and inclusive team of business analysts and data scientists.
In Business Analytics, we are an ambitious team of 7 full-time data analysts and scientists working to solve real problems across sales, supply chain, finance, and other departments. We use a data-driven, in-house consulting perspective to deliver actionable insights to key decision makers throughout the entire company. We are constantly challenging ourselves professionally and personally to deliver high-quality, modern business solutions founded in strong quantitative analysis.
Better Access. Better Healthcare.
At Abacus Medicine, our purpose is to improve global healthcare through better access to medicine. This has driven us to quickly become a global player in the parallel import industry and pharmaceutical services while not losing sight of our entrepreneurial mindset. Our company values: Innovative, Dedicated, and Caring, lead us on our way to continuously look for improvement and other ways to achieve our purpose. Join our 950 dedicated colleagues with more than 22 different nationalities in e.g. Denmark, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Austria and Hong Kong.
Your Responsibilities as Data Scientist
In your role as Data Scientist, your focus will be on creating ML models in close contact with our internal stakeholders to gain critical business insights and support daily decision-making. Therefore, it will be your responsibility to identify and understand opportunities for value creation.
In this process, you will be working closely with sales, supply chain, finance, and other departments. In particular, you will be working closely together with your colleagues in the Business Analytics Department as well as the Business Intelligence Department.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Help to solve company-wide challenges using advanced analytics
- Identify and understand opportunities for value creation
- Create models to gain critical business insights and support daily decision-making
- Implement and maintain a diverse range of projects
Are You the Right Candidate?
We expect you to be structured, organised and naturally take responsibility for a wide range of assignments. You should be proactive, self-guided, responsible and have a natural analytical approach to solving tasks. You have a passion for data science and you are comfortable working with teams and communicating problems and solutions to internal stakeholders.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- Have a master’s degree in data science and/or computer science
- Have prior experience with programming (for example Python & SQL)
- Have prior experience with advanced analytics (machine learning & deep learning)
- Can apply advanced statistical theory to real problems in a business environment
- Have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Are fluent in English
It is an advantage to have experience with the:
- Deployment of ML models
- Azure ML tool stack
Your Future Colleagues in Business Analytics
You will be part of an international, ambitious and outgoing team consisting of 7 full-time data analysts & scientists and 4 student analysts. While working hard, we value an informal and friendly atmosphere with room for a good laugh.
Would You like to Know more About Us?
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn and get an insight into everyday life at Abacus Medicine. For job openings, check out our profile on CareerGate or Jobindex as well as our Career page.
What Do we Offer?
- A full-time position
- Workplace in a central location at our HQ in Vesterbro, Copenhagen
- Delicious lunch arrangement and free fruit arrangement
- A good pension scheme, health insurance and bonus scheme
- Running Club, Football Team and great social events
- An supportive work environment with an informal atmosphere and focus on work-life balance
- A fun and entrepreneurial workplace where we are driven by community spirit and a desire to be successful
- Exciting challenges and future career development opportunities in a young and dynamic environment
- A challenging job covering a comprehensive spectrum of assignments within advanced analytics
- The opportunity to work independently with exciting assignments and maintain ownership throughout the entire project timeline
- You will be a part of an international, outgoing team with high ambitions and active roles in the daily operations of the business
Have we Caught Your Interest?
If you wish to apply for the position, please use the apply link and make sure to attach resumé, cover letter and grade transcript. We do not accept applications by mail.
Last application day is September 22nd , 2020.
Do you have any questions before you apply for the position? Please feel free to contact Malte Olsen, Head of Business Analytics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, and we process applications continuously.
We look forward to receiving your application
Who is Abacus Medicine?
Through a well-established network of licensed suppliers, we purchase original medicine at a low price in one country and redistribute it to the benefit of the patients in countries with higher prices. We are growing fast and are looking for you and many other bright talents to join more than 700 dedicated colleagues with more than 20 different nationalities in offices across the globe. Abacus Medicine is a family business established in 2004 in Copenhagen, Denmark, by CEO Flemming Wagner and his father. Family values remain an important part of our identity and we look out for each other and work as a team.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.