We work together, we workout together (in our onsite gym). We meet in our newly renovated office, we meet for walks along the water. We discuss world affairs over breakfast and lunch in our canteen, or in our collaboration lounges. We wear what makes us feel comfortable and we wear ourselves out finding solutions to problems that affect millions of people every day. We are Maersk Digital.
Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digital is taking center stage in enabling this engagement.
If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment supporting an ambitious team on a great transformation journey - Then this role is the perfect next step in your career!
This position offers an unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of data science methods and tools to create results and insights that are transforming the transport and logistics industry.
The Data Science & Artificial Intelligence group systemises patterns and insights from data by combining domain expertise, scientific methodology and technology. We specialise in statistical modelling, forecasting, optimization and machine learning. This group is at the forefront of developing industry leading solutions & analytical applications for Maersk: we drive a larger bottom-line impact than any of our industrial peers in Europe, and are 18-24 months ahead of most enterprises in industrial digital transformation.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics. The Data Science & Artificial Intelligence group at Maersk offers a unique opportunity to leverage technology to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern software and platform approaches, and bias toward action. We are responsive to customer needs, value outcomes, and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
Maersk’s Technology organisation offers a unique opportunity to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world. In our Copenhagen office, we are a growing team of more than 30 nationalities. We focus on our people and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress.
As a Data Scientist you will participate in various projects with strong support from data scientists and software engineers, to shape business decisions and drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deeply understand business problems and apply your ability with predictive modeling, forecasting, and machine learning techniques to deliver commercially valuable insights. We care about team members who are not only technical specialists but are excited about understanding the logistics domain - No prior experience in logistics required, so long as you are committed to learning!
- We work end-to-end: design, prototype, implement and test descriptive and predictive models as software, alongside a talented and highly engaged team of data and software engineers.
- Operate in scrum teams and independently direct time and resources. You will need to participate in transforming the way we work. The cultural transformation of our business and industry is the guarantee of long-term growth and success.
- You will partner with businesses and internal/external stakeholders, including traveling to our front-line locations around the world on occasion. This is a role with global impact, and requires a candidate motivated by and comfortable with a highly international environment.
We are looking for
- 5+ years’ experience with using Python, R, and SQL to build predictive models in real-world environments
- More than 2 years industry experience
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, computer science or related field
- Deep understanding and experience with the theory and application of machine learning and statistical models (prediction, classification, clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.)
- A good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually
- Ability to communicate data science results to business stakeholders
- ficiency in both written and oral EnglishFluent pro
- Experience with using large data system (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, or Spark) and data visualization
- Working knowledge of Git, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and cloud technologies, ideally Azure
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.