Do you want to work at one of the most advanced diagnostic centers in the world? And can you create algorithms that make big data readable and thereby lowering the costs associated with wind?
For the Siemens Gamesa Diagnostic Centre in Brande, we are looking for a talented data scientist to help us pursue new diagnostic solutions enhancing the turbine performance over the long term. At our Diagnostic Centre we have proactively collected turbine data for more than 15 years. Using advanced signal processing and machine learning combined with years of experience with diagnostics, we make data-driven decisions for our customers every day.
What are my responsibilities?
We are in the process of maturing our platform for advanced diagnostic analysis and have started moving it to the cloud, where we will be working with technologies such as containers, message queues, NoSQL databases and much more.
As a data scientist in our Vibration Diagnostics department you will take part in shaping the future wind turbine diagnostics by being responsible for the continuous development of new diagnostic models and measurement setup. In this work you will be in contact with external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
More specifically, your work will cover:
- Constant development of new signal processing and machine learning algorithms that can detect the smallest deviation in data, indicating turbine defects.
- Optimization and development of existing software tools for turbine monitoring.
- Development of intuitive and informative reporting solutions to customers, based on a large set of fleet data.
- Responsibility for specific investigations linked to the root cause analyses of our wind turbines.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a PhD or MSc degree within the fields of electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- In your career, you have gained experience in statistical analysis and profound knowledge about scientific programming (Python, Matlab etc.), preferably from an industrial enterprise.
- You have an analytical and innovative mindset, and you are not afraid of working with terabytes of data.
- As a person you always seek to improve existing technologies as well as invent, develop and apply new ones.
- You are highly result-oriented and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- It comes naturally to you to build and maintain good and rewarding relationships.
- Furthermore you possesses excellent English skills, both orally and written.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Bo Rømer-Odgaard via phone +45 3037 5053.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 3037 5053