Do you see the trends and connections in data, and do you want to use your skills to help customers transition to a more sustainable energy future?
Data Scientist to pave the way for a renewable-based energy system
Do you see the trends and connections in data, and do you want to use your skills to help customers transition to a more sustainable energy future while being commercially successful?
Join us and become a Data Scientist in Flexibility Solutions which develops the technology platform that allows B2B customers to support the green energy transition while creating value.
The renewable energy system introduces increased supply volatility, which threatens the energy system and increases price levels. We want to turn this threat into an opportunity for our customers. Through our unique platform, they can participate actively in the energy system with their industrial processes and help stabilise the energy system while creating value for themselves. Value creation in energy systems is increasingly moving from upstream to downstream, and flexibility is part of that trend.
The department is part of Distribution & Customer Solutions which has 1400 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We handle the production from our wind farms and oil and gas fields to the energy exchanges and customers in Northern Europe, and we distribute electricity and natural gas to businesses and private customers in Denmark.
You can choose freely to be based at our office in either Virum in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- develop new products through data-driven methodologies
- develop methodologies for forecasting, optimisation models, machine learning, simulation models, valuation models and valuation tools
- use complex and large data sets to find connections to improve business value
- establish a data scientist framework with a shared data platform
- contribute as a specialist to the right use of the technology and technical issues within Flexibility Solutions.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a master's degree in engineering, data science, mathematics or business analysis - and preferably a PhD in one of the fields
- are skilled in integer and convex optimisation, machine learning, neural networks, simulations, stochastic optimisation, pattern recognition, multivariable calculus, linear algebra and statistics
- are persistent with a holistic view on potential solutions
- are able to work with large data sets, including efficient algorithms to handle them, and have knowledge about trending relevant technologies such as Hadoop and Azure ML
- are able to program in Matlab, R and/or Python.
Furthermore, we expect you to collaborate well with your colleagues, have focus on details, a good relationship with academia and be self-driven, and it is a bonus if you are familiar with the German and UK electricity market.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to help make an impact on the development of the climate as well as the commercial success of both the Group and our B2B customers. You will be able to set your personal mark on the green transition.
In DONG Energy Distribution & Customer Solutions, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work dedicated every day to create value for both our customers and DONG Energy. We offer an exciting and informal workplace, where the individual employee's value creation and results is the focal point.
Please do not hesitate to contact Kristian Edlund, Head of Flexibility Solutions, on telephone +45 9955 2963 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 5 May 2017.
Click on the button "Ansøg" to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder