About the department
In the Supply Chain Data Management & Analytics department, you will be working in a team on the frontier of bringing advanced analytics solutions to the production and supply chain areas. Using the growing data landscape within Novo Nordisk, we carry out complex analyses and build data-driven tools to deliver business insights and value to different departments within the organization. Our ambition is to use the latest computational tools and techniques to help create a future-ready and intelligent supply chain.
You will support our journey of next level data science by contributing to some of the biggest supply chain data projects around the company under the guidance of a senior team member. This may include data analysis, visualization and pre-processing but also design, development and implementation of mathematical models. Importantly, you will be involved in strategy building and scoping of new supply chain projects in new areas who would benefit from advanced analytics. In addition, you will assist in other various projects and support with ad-hoc data-related tasks
- Internship period: The internship position is a full-time position for 4-6 months
- Start date: August 2021
- A Danish full-time work permit is required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors, masters or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, data science, business analytics, economics, supply chain management or a related field
- Practical experience working with and creating complex datasets and analytics projects, whether as part of your studies, previous work experience, or extracurricular activities
- Understanding of methods within operations research, particularly with mathematical optimization or simulation
- Comfort with, as well as passion for, manipulating and drawing insights from complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise and actionable manner, both orally and in writing
- Fluency with at least one mathematical programming tool such as R, Python or MATLAB and the ability to transfer that knowledge to other tools
- Knowledge of machine learning theory, tools and techniques is preferred but not required
We expect candidates to be good at what they are doing and have a burning desire to learn new things. You listen, take initiative and thrive in a busy and diverse environment. Finally, you must have a strong work ethic, with the ability to manage several tasks and, of course, a sense of humour is a plus. As we are a global company, fluency in both spoken and written English is required.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent.
For further information, please contact Nicolai Nielsen at +45 3075 7320
16 May 2021
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder