Data Science internship in Digitalisation & Business Intelligence
Are you looking for an exciting hands-on learning opportunity to supplement your studies? Are you studying a Master’s degree and do you want to work with data analytical challenges and are able to optimise and automise the way we work utilising data and technology? Join our team as an intern and get an opportunity to work alongside experienced colleagues from many different nationalities.
You will work in the Digitalization & Business Intelligence team, where you support one of our focus areas which are to expand the use of data and business intelligence tools in our area, to enhance transparency and enable intelligent decision making. Based on your profile, you will get the opportunity to get experience with:
- Data visualization tools for processing and presenting data (like Alteryx or Tableau).
- Working with predictive modelling, machine learning etc.
- Drive and/or take part in projects focused on automatising and digtalising of our supply chain processes.
Practicalities for the internship:
- Internship period: 3-6 months.
- Working hours: Flexible (min. 18 and max. 37 hours a week).
- Start date: August or September 2021.
- Internships are remunerated, if your educational track allows.
- A Danish full time work permit is required.
You are currently studying on your master’s degree within e.g. data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics. You have the ability to manage various data and prepare analysis and to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable way. Furthermore, you:
- Have knowledge of statistical methods particularly in machine learning.
- Have experience with analytical and visualisation tools such as Tableau and/or Alteryx.
- Are fluency with at least one analysis tool such as R or Python (ideal) and the ability to transfer that knowledge to other tools.
- Are familiar with relational databases and SQL.
- Are fluent in English, oral and written.
You are an outgoing person with a strong personal drive and dedication. You have professional and personal impact that is reflected in your desire to take initiative. In addition, you thrive in a busy environment and bring a can-do attitude and a healthy sense of humor to your work – even when the pressure is on. You must have strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your own learning. You communicate effectively, meet deadlines and approach tasks in a structured way. You have a strong analytical mindset, both in terms of data and processes.
About the department
The “Strategy & Business Development” department is a unit in Sourcing Operations (SoOp), where SoOp is responsible for the inbound supply chain of direct spend materials in Novo Nordisk. The position is anchored in the team “Digitalisation & Business Intelligence”, which are focusing on three main areas. Drive innovative digital initiatives that changes SoOp business model and provide new value-producing opportunities. Utilise business intelligence solutions with the purpose to design, develop and deploy supply chain processes in SoOp. Foster an innovative culture across the organisation and be frontrunners in driving our innovative agenda. Core focus is to remain forward-looking and showcase strong adaptability. Furthermore, the team is and must be working in a highly agile manner and be able to shift its focus based on rapidly changing opportunities within emerging technologies.
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.