Data science intern
Use big data to help solve the world’s wastewater problems as a data science intern at AquaReg.
Are you a data-savvy student with great problem-solving skills? Are you passionate about solving some of the biggest challenges that the world is facing? Would you like to join a young and dynamic team and take part in shaping the future of a water startup? At AquaReg, we combine wastewater data from a range of sources to provide an overview of wastewater challenges. We map wastewater from 100,000+ factories in Europe and North America and use this knowledge to match the best solutions with the biggest problems – and we need your help.
About the internship
As a data science intern in AquaReg, you will be part of a small team, so you will have many different responsibilities, including:
- Identifying and analyzing relevant data sources, e.g., regulatory data, online databases, satellite imagery, water prices etc.
- Building the interface from new data sources to our database
- Assisting in frontend design
- Running queries on our database for clients
- Other ad hoc support
The internship is full time and is planned to start in January/February/March with a duration of a minimum of 12 weeks. We are flexible in terms of your studies/specific requirements. Our offices are at the vibrant NIRAS Green Tech Hub in Allerød where we sit together with other startups – we expect you to be physically present at least two days per week. Your qualifications:
- We expect you to be studying IT, economics, data science, computer science, engineering, business or similar – possibly as a bachelor in engineering (diplomingeniør) or Academy Profession Degree (professionsbachelor).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- A foundation in data analysis and experience with programming (we use Python to a large extent)
- Self-driven and able to plan and execute complex analyses independently
- Curiosity and an interest in sustainability (we don’t expect you to have in-depth knowledge about our subject matter when you start)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- At AquaReg we do not always know what tomorrow brings, so an ability to handle uncertainty and a can-do attitude is a must
For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com or phone number 30 93 43 05.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.