Data Engineering internship
At Novo Nordisk, we share a passion for changing patients’ lives, and we are always looking for talented individuals who want to join us in this effort. Our internships provide exciting learning opportunities for students who bring new ways of thinking to our company.
You will support our journey in establishing our data foundation and you will be part of a smaller task force investigating, solving and utilizing data potential and possibilities across CMC Development, in close collaboration with line of business. You will work closely with our data engineers and help them create a strong data backbone by developing and expanding our data infrastructure, building software data solutions from scratch, enabling our research departments to make real time data driven decisions.
- Internship period: The internship position is a full-time position for 6 months
- Start date: August 2021
- Internships are remunerated, if your educational track allows
- Full Time Danish work permit is required
You are currently studying a master’s degree in e.g. Data Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, mathematics or similar with excellent results and a natural flair for data.
- Passion for generating insights from data
- Comfort manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varies sources
- Tech-Spec: R/Python/SQL/ Java/C++
- Extensibility, scalability, readability and quality of your code/solutions/algorithms
- Versioning control (Git)
- Public repos/contributions on github, personal projects are an advantage
- Some skills with frontend frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Django, React, Angular) or typescript is a significant advantage
- Database experience and a general understanding of cloud solutions
- Experience with data manipulation and unstructured data
You are structured in your problem-solving approach and it comes naturally to you to test new techniques, software and ways of working. We expect that you are comfortable with taking initiatives and have a strong personal drive and dedication. You have a burning desire to learn new things and are curious about the processes and people you work with. You can work both independently and together with others. As we are a global company and an international team, fluency in both spoken and written English is required.
About the department
You will be a part of CMC (Chemistry Manufacturing & Control) which is the organisation that ties research and manufacturing together.
The position is anchored in the department CMC Business & Digital Solutions, whose key mission is to execute strategic initiatives across CMC Development in the areas of Data Engineering, Demand & Supply, Business Intelligence, Digital training, IT Security, and IT Strategy in partnership with line of business. We make data available and transform it into business insight and make recommendations in order to optimize our deliveries of medicine for clinical trials to thousands of patients across the globe.
You will join a diverse and international team consisting of 18 colleagues with different backgrounds and expertise areas. Our daily work language is English.
Working at Novo Nordisk. At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent.
For further information please contact Jeanette Vörts at +45 30 77 68 43
April 27th, 2021
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder