Data Engineer (student)
WasteHero developers are shaped to be future superheroes, you will be supervised and trained by the most capable and “lazy” developers located in Aarhus. You will be part of an innovative and dynamic team with a flat structure working in a fast-paced environment with a lot of responsibility and freedom
Being a WasteHero developer means you will be surrounded by strong technical-minded people who will support you. We will provide you with the opportunity to grow and challenge yourself with cutting-edge technologies.
The position requires a minimum of 16 hours (depends on your circumstances) per week. The hours are flexible, and we can plan them around your studies. We are looking to fulfill the position as quickly as possible.
WasteHero harnesses machine learning to optimize every aspect of waste management, such as route optimization and prediction of container fullness. In your role as a Data Engineer, you will help in designing and maintaining data-pipelines that will be used by scalable models that calculate the ideal time for waste collection, determine sensor behavior, investigate customer data, and other similar valuable features.
Your daily task will draw from the following list of examples:
- Debugging & refining data pipelines
- Unit tests at class & component level,
- Developing, maintaining, and testing data pipelines (e.g., SQLAlchemy, Apache-Airflow, UnitTest).
- CI/DC pipelines for data products
- Processing pipelines to format, clean and enrich our datasets
- Experience working with technical and non-technical people
- Good Python programming skills: Object Oriented Programming, Python Module design.
- Familiarity with Linux administration and software developing tools: e.g., Bash scripting, Git, Make, Docker.
- Passion for Data Analysis and Data Management: basic knowledge of SQL and Python data packages (e.g., Pandas, Numpy, Sci-kit-Learn, Jupyter) is a bonus.
- Codeline discipline
- Interested in following recent technologies and web trends
- Comfortable with PM tools: Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Simplicity and efficiency-focused without getting lost into details: find simple (even sub-optimal) solutions that work and can be improved and scaled subsequently
- Ability to work independently while communicating in a simple and clear form (basic presentation skills in English, documentation searching, and reading, not just copy-paste).
- Option to learn new skills every day
- A nice student salary to support your SU
- Plenty of room for growth and initiative
- A fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Free snacks, coffee, etc
- A great location in Aarhus
- You'll get a chance to work with some of the most cutting-edge technologies
- A person who does not take themselves too seriously and adapts to office culture
- Open minded and always pushing towards innovative ideas
- Can work in a spontaneous and dynamic atmosphere where they are commonly faced with split second decisions
We are growing quickly right now, and we want you to join us on our journey in this very exciting phase. So, don't hesitate to reach out if you want to know more!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder