Data Engineer / Regulatory Affairs
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you looking to kickstart you in career in an international company and get a foothold in the vital business area of securing market access of products? Then you might be our new Data Engineer. What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Data Engineer
We are seeking a motivated Data Engineer to help turn our digital dreams into practical and daily life realities – primarily within or related to our new state-of-the-art Regulatory Information Management platform, RegulatoryOne, by market leader Veeva.
Reporting to the Department Manager of Regulatory Affairs Global Operations, you will be a key member of a brand-new System and Data Management team tasked with developing regulatory information management as a key organizational capability.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is in the early stages of his/her career development and who is eager to contribute at all levels as we drive digital transformation, realize the potential of system investments and improve the collective IT maturity in Regulatory Affairs.
Welcome to Regulatory Affairs
Regulatory Affairs is a global organization that provides strategic, tactical and operational support to Novozymes core business on regulatory matters that are critical for the development and launch of safe and effective biosolutions for our customers around the world. We are a high-energy team of 50+ colleagues located over 14 sites in Europe and the Middle East, North and South America, and Asia.
You will be part of Regulatory Affairs Global Operations, a small, newly formed team with members from India and Denmark tasked with transforming Regulatory Affairs into a data-driven organization, by providing system and operational support to the Global Regulatory Affairs community.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Working with data quality checks and initiatives to maintain and improve data quality. Take part in, and potentially a lead on, projects aiming to improve, expand and automize our new RIM system and other systems we work in/with.
- Evaluate requests for (new) data capability / IT functionality from our Regulatory Specialists and turn them into use cases and solution scenarios
- Develop low-code business intelligence / data delivery solutions, e.g. advanced dynamic reporting, automatic document generation, making data available to web portals, etc.
- Supporting the implementation and continuous development of our new Regulatory Information Management (RIM) system as we adopt it and adapt it to suit our needs and business processes.
- Working with other members of the team, and at times with external partners, in system configuration development, process mapping, solution prototyping, testing and/or coding.
- Working with other members of the team to roll out system releases every fourth month. Support System Administrator and super-users in training and re-training of Regulatory Affairs colleagues.
- Work with colleagues in the IT department and/or the R&D Data Management team to maintain and develop system integrations or access to relevant data in our Data Lake.
- Experiment with new technology areas, as we investigate their potential impact and benefit for our business.
To succeed you must hold:
- A university engineering or science degree in a relevant IT field. We are seeking a person in the early stages of his/her career and thus also encourage newly graduated candidates to apply for the position.
- Experience from previous employment or relevant student jobs, displaying:
o strong communication skills and talent for relaying complex issues to IT and non-IT colleagues alike
o a strong desire to learn and develop solutions in collaboration with others
o a natural flair for training, supporting and inspiring colleagues
o a lets-get-it-done attitude towards ad hoc hands-on work, like e.g. database maintenance
- Experience or educational background in working with data services/products, relational databases, data modelling and data reporting.
- Experience or educational background with analytics/data tools such as e.g., Python, Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, SAS or similar.
- Basic knowledge of working with APIs for automation and data product purposes.
- Experience or educational background within software development and solution design. Coding expertise within a particular language is not a requirement, but basic coding knowledge and a willingness to learn more, is expected.
- Ability to work effortlessly in both written and spoken English, in a global organization.
This job will be located at Novozymes Headquarters in Bagsværd, Denmark.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: January 2th, 2022.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram