Data engineer with software development experience
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about developing data platforms enabling digital transformation? Then you might be our new data engineer.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Data Engineer
We are looking for a data engineer that loves solving problems and issues together with competent colleagues to provide tools, software, and solution for our partners across the Novozymes organization. You are accustomed with bringing systems into production. You have experience supporting and handling data and users within an open source toolkit from the OS upwards, dealing with multiple data sources, and supplying end users with systems and applications running in production. You have seen several different databases and know your way around dragging data out of legacy source systems.
Please note that we are looking for a person, who really loves the internal processes (ETLs, execution efficiency), have strong and disciplined software developing skills and is used to working in co-development communities. There will be very limited Data Science elements in the position.
Welcome to Process Data and Analytics
We are a multinational team of data scientists and engineers, based in Bagsværd (Copenhagen), Kalundborg and Warsaw (Poland). We are building data systems and applications to support decision making in our current industrial processes and drive new business opportunities. We build our platform to support researchers and scientists and give them access to state-of-the-art data science tools. We build the platform as Cloud-only and Open Source-first using the best technologies from both cloud providers as well as Open Source projects to solve the tasks at hand. As the market leader in industrial biotech we need to lead the way also in analytics and becoming data driven. We are driven by impact, curiosity and fun and we believe in continuous learning, both personally and professionally.
Day-to-day you will be working focused and agile on a project-by-project basis, in a cross-functional team assisted by subject matter experts and technical experts. The team is responsible for building and delivering production grade systems supporting Novozymes core business. We work by the Agile principles with the customer as highest priority and frequent feedback.
People development is a focus area in the daily work for all Zymers as well as continuous improvement of the way we work. Interaction with other departments is very strong, using both shared projects and actual job rotations to foster cooperation and people development.
In this role you will make an impact by:
In your daily work, you will help gather requirements for different applications and translate these requirements into a technical solution. You will create operational data pipelines and models as well as backend services, drawing on numerous data sources.
- Setup data pipelines enabling advanced analytics and visualization.
- Web application development mainly focused on infrastructure and backend.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for our cloud data infrastructure to our IT collaboration partners.
To succeed you must hold:
- 5+ years of industry experience holding a MSc degree within the field of Computer Science or related engineering field
- Have expert knowledge and experience with Spark (Python, Scala/Java)
- Experience with cloud service providers: Amazon Web Services including security components IAM, policies, security
- Have strong practical experience in software development including automated building processes
- Have proven track record of delivering and maintaining custom applications in productional environments
- Have general knowledge about linux
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively both with colleagues from various business, scientific or technical backgrounds
- Agile working experience as a developer
- Data pipeline management tools (like Storm, NiFi, Kafka Streams, Kinetics, Airflow, Glue etc.)
- Hands on experience with Terraform
- Exposure to configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Interest in IoT technology and distributed systems.
- General DevOps capabilities (CI/CD, docker, deployment pipelines).
- Ability to review other people’s code and give constructive feedback.
- Open Source space experience, supporting in-house use of Open Source components and frameworks.
This job will be located in Bagsværd, Denmark
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: Open until filled.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.