Do you want to apply your data engineering skillset in an innovative organization, pioneering the use of brain waves (EEG) to help diagnose, monitor and improve quality of life for patients suffering from brain disorders?
You will own, develop and maintain the data infrastructure and tools that will enable T&W Engineering A/S in succeeding in developing solutions that can detect and predict abnormal activities in EEG signals, potentially positively impacting thousands of patients’ lives.
We are seeking a Data Engineer help develop, maintain and mature our data pipelines and infrastructure. You will be the data expert on our team, working closely together with our Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Clinical Experts on securing a robust, reliable and optimized data infrastructure.
You will suggest improvements to our current data infrastructure and maybe re-define some steps in order to optimize performance. You will experience a great degree of freedom in defining your role and tasks according to the company’s mission and business needs. We are looking for a team-player who is curious and has a can-do attitude.
Our current data infrastructure focuses on making data available for training machine learning and deep learning algorithms as fast as possible. We are using Azure, Azure ML and Azure ML Pipelines, and you might bring experience from using different tools from the Azure tech stack.
Your expertise will guide the team in optimizing the data science workflow in order to be able to fast iterate over vast amounts of data.
Your responsibilities, in collaboration with colleagues:
- Develop our current infrastructure to the next level using tools from the Azure tech stack
- Transform and expose data to your customers (ML engineers, clinical experts, doctors etc.), that
- being flat files, databases, API’s
- Develop and define data processes and pipelines
- Develop tools and dashboards for visualization of events, meta data etc.
- You have at least two years of experience working with data engineering, or the likes of it
- You either have an education in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Science, or experience from work life that is equal
- You have experience with Python programming, ETL work, Cloud architecture in Azure, SQL or other aspects that will ensure completion of the mission from a tech point of view
- You do not necessarily have any experience working with biological data but you have the discipline to ensure that the data is under the strictest governance.
- You are an innovative data engineer with a prominent ‘can do and let’s try it’-attitude
- You are a team player with an agile mindset
- You appreciate taking responsibility and can work independently
- You have a ‘drive’, are communicative and open about your work for information of, and discussion with, your team members
- You wish to make a difference and you are eager to help the team reach our common goals
- You like to document your work and write English well.
What we offer
- A job working with innovative technology
- Lots of room for influence and creativity in collaboration with highly skilled colleagues
- An informal workplace with a fun and pleasant atmosphere
- Experienced and skilled colleagues with diverse backgrounds
The Data Science Department
You will join the Data Science Department; whose goal is to develop the future intelligent solutions for monitoring and diagnosing patients with neurological diseases.
We are a team of 11 Researchers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists and Ph.D. students which among others work on technologies for detecting and predicting epileptic seizures, conducting sleep analysis, and research on neurodegenerative diseases.
T&W Engineering A/S
T&W Engineering A/S is pioneering cognitive technologies designed to help and empower patients with neurological diseases. Our small wearable systems are centered around long-term brain state monitoring, that minimally impact patient’s everyday life. Our technology base is centered around the algorithms that analyze the brain waves and the hardware that facilitates accurate and power optimized data acquisition. We work closely with our sister company UNEEG medical A/S, which recently launched a product solution for
epilepsy patients - the world’s first device enabling ultra-long-term brain wave monitoring. At T&W Engineering A/S, the atmosphere is informal, and the structure is flat. You might even be slaying our CEO in VR games on your first day located in our brand-new tech hub in Allerød. Read more about us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/tweng.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than November 17, 2021
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.