At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere.
Would you like to manage VELUX® quality master data and be the link between VELUX Global Quality and VELUX IT?
Then take up this challenging and developing position where you provide the quality information needed to boost VELUX Global Quality within the IT area and secure operational excellence in our many national and international divisions.
You will take part in our Self-Service Business Intelligence department, supporting VELUX Global Quality with insights through data collection, validation, reporting and visualisation through an end-to-end information concept.
In collaboration with the Quality Business Analysis team, your main responsibility will be to visualise relevant performance quality for multiple fields, including sales, logistics and many more. This entails that you support the maintenance and development of quality master data and ensure that our quality activities contribute to the overall strategy. You will likewise contribute to improved business results through close cooperation with our international sales companies, supply organisation and other professional related fields.
“We are constantly focused on improving our analytics processes even further, so you will also join in on cross-functional projects focusing on quality standardisation. Through close contact with me and of course our global IT division, you will help change our systems and the way we capture, analyse and communicate quality data to the rest of the organisation,” says Flemming Trøjborg Vinding, Director of Quality System & Performance.
Your other main tasks will be to:
- Execute strategy within data collection, data validation and end-to-end info concept
- Coordinate IT systems used in the global quality divisions - so we can make the best use of existing software and ensure we do not buy where not needed
- Develop, define and execute quality reporting for our VELUX systems
- Coordinate activities between your department, VELUX IT and VELUX Data & Analytics
- Explore opportunities within the quality area by establishing contact with internal and external stakeholders and visiting relevant international divisions to get first-hand information
At VELUX, we recognise talent when we see it. We are therefore open towards your background and experience - whether you have an education within IT combined with statistical knowledge or a combination of an analytics degree and solid IT knowledge.
What we do look for is a combination of IT and analytical skills, persistency, a “can do” attitude and great collaborative, interpersonal and communicative skills.
Furthermore, we look for the ability to drive processes in a highly structured manner within a matrix organisation and to translate numbers into facts that everyone understands.
You also bring:
- Experience working with project management in a large, and preferably international, company
- Solid abilities in working with Excel, SAP and PowerBI
- Preferably, experience with quality analytics and some understanding of R, Java and SQL although we do not expect you to be able to code - just enough knowledge to communicate technical needs to our IT department
- The ability to travel up to 20 days per year to visit our European divisions
- Fluency in English
“Our team is placed in both Østbirk and Skjern. We work in both places to ensure that we are close to the internal stakeholders whom we support through our work. As part of our team, you get to pick whether you want your desk to be placed in Østbirk or Skjern, but it is important that you are able to be present in either department when needed, so you can be close to all the action,” adds Flemming Trøjborg Vinding.
Furthermore, this is your chance to gain deeper knowledge in the relation between business analytics and IT and work closely with our IT department to put your mark on the future of our business analytics tools.
We are constantly running optimisation projects to support our business analytics processes and give you the freedom to take charge of these projects and be the one to make the improvements happen.
Application and contact
If you have any questions about the position or the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Director of Quality System & Performance Flemming Trøjborg Vinding on +45 2051 6743.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 29 August 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder