Data Analyst/Data Analysis Specialist with a chemistry/physics background for Medical Device Development
Join our dedicated team and become part of a company applying state-of-the-art technology to improve the lives of millions of diabetics worldwide.
At RSP Systems A/S, we are developing a truly non-invasive blood glucose meter based on Raman spectroscopy and are striving to bring painless glucose monitoring to diabetics all over the world. To strengthen our development efforts, we are looking for a new colleague, who will work with advanced data analysis.
This exciting work will include the development of data analysis algorithms that are field deployable in commercial products. The Data Analyst/Specialist is expected to bring innovative thinking, analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring blood glucose non-invasively. As part of our data analysis team, you will:
- Evaluate and improve algorithms predicting blood glucose levels based on Raman spectroscopic in vivo data from patients
- Develop models and apply these to calibrate and evaluate Raman spectroscopic systems
- Work with pre-validation methods as well as outlier detection and variable selection techniques.
- Develop standardization and/or calibration transfer techniques. Perform experiments to validate prototype systems, as documentation of this will be of profound importance for an approval process of the market device.
We offer an inspiring environment, with continuous learning, where getting the job done requires not only a strong professional skill set, ingenuity, and creativity, but also the ability to clearly present your results to relevant stakeholders in the company.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, yet a strong team player, with an innovative spirit and a drive to make a difference. You must have a strong understanding of data mining, interpretation of spectroscopic data, chemometrics, and statistics, and you must be able to conduct data analysis using multivariate methods and fundamental physics and engineering principles.
We expect you to have an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, food science, or similar, specialized within chemometrics, machine learning, statistics and data mining.
The ideal candidate will have experience with following
- Data analysis of spectroscopic data from chemical or biological systems
- Interpretation of spectroscopic data and their influence on calibration models
- Pre-processing of data (EMSC, 2nd derivative, smoothing etc..)
- Model-building (calibration, validation and prediction)
- Advanced use of Python
- Knowledge on machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Overseeing or conducting laboratory work (sample preparation and measurement)
- Theoretical understanding of spectroscopy (fluorescence/Raman/absorption)
- Documentation of methods, results and tests - external to e.g. notified bodies as well as internal in RSP Systems quality system.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Good at taking initiative
- Thrive in a job where solutions are not always easy coming
- Being motivated when challenged
- A creative and innovative thinking
- Positive approach in your communication with others
- Fluent in English and Danish (spoken and written)
Our offices and lab are located in Odense, Denmark.
Contact and application
For more information, you are welcome to contact Data Analysis Manager, Signe Lundsgaard-Nielsen, at email@example.com.
Kindly send your application either by mail to Sivlandvænget 27C, 5260 Odense S, in person, or to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably through a secure mail account to ensure encryption of your data).
The deadline for applications is the 1st of December 2019. The desired start date is 1st of January 2020, though an earlier start date is also possible. Interviews will be held as relevant applications are received.
About RSP Systems A/S:
RSP Systems A/S is a Danish medical technology company focused on bringing innovative, non-invasive glucose monitors to people with diabetes. We are a team of world-class engineers and specialists, serious about science and committed to quality.
RSP’s technology is based on a direct optical detection principle, Raman spectroscopy, a mature technology to which RSP has developed and patented improvements enabling the measurement of concentrations of various substances in the interstitial fluid (tissue fluid surrounding the cells of the body) non-invasively through the skin. Proof-of-concept for glucose measurement on diabetics has been demonstrated through pilot trials in collaboration with Odense University Hospital in Denmark.
As a team, we are passionate about the work we do and excited about the positive impact it will have on diabetics around the world. With just over 30 employees, we maintain in many ways a relaxed family atmosphere, eating daily together and winding down every Friday afternoon, often to themed hangouts. You can expect a warm and flexible atmosphere, where your input matters.
For more information, please visit www.rspsystems.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.