Data Analyst with strong mathematics proficiency for Medical Device Development
Join our dedicated team and become part of a company applying state-of-the-art technology to improve the lives of millions of diabetics worldwide.
At RSP Systems A/S, we are developing a truly non-invasive blood glucose meter based on Raman spectroscopy. We are striving to bring painless glucose monitoring to diabetics all over the world. To strengthen our development efforts, we are looking for a new colleague, who will work with
advanced data analysis.
This exciting work will include the development of data analysis algorithms that are field deployable in commercial products. The Data Analyst must bring innovative thinking, analytical rigour and creative statistical methods to the challenge of improving non-invasive blood glucose measurement.
As part of our data analysis team, you will:
- Evaluate and improve algorithms predicting blood glucose levels based on Raman spectroscopic in vivo data from patients
- Develop models and apply these to calibrate and evaluate Raman spectroscopic systems
- Work with various pre-validation methods as well as outlier detection
- Perform data validation of working models and prototype systems
- Design experiments with the scope of simplifying modelling
We offer an inspiring environment, with continuous learning, and where getting the job done requires not only a strong professional skill set, but also a measure of ingenuity and creativity.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, yet a strong team-worker, with an innovative spirit and a drive to make a difference. You must have a strong fundamental mathematical foundation general understanding of data mining, interpretation of spectroscopic data, chemometrics, and statistics, and you must be able to conduct data analysis using multivariate methods and fundamental physics and engineering principles.
We expect you to have an MSc or PhD specialized within applied mathematics, chemometrics, data analysis, or statistics with a background in mathematics, chemistry, physics, food science, pharmacology, or similar.
The experience of the ideal candidate will include one or more of the following areas
- Data analysis of spectroscopic data from chemical or biological systems
- Pre-processing of data (EMSC, 2nd derivative etc.)
- Model-building, calibration, and prediction (Partial least squared regression, Artificial neural network, Support vector machines)
- Transfer learning
- Advanced use of mathematical SW such as Octave, Matlab/PLS toolbox, R or similar
- Laboratory work (sample preparation and measurement)
- Optical spectroscopy (fluorescence/Raman/absorption)
- Experimental design
Work location: our offices and lab are located in Odense, Denmark. We offer the possibility of working 1 day from home/week.
For more information, please contact CTO Stefan Ovesen Banke at +45 2872 1833.
Kindly send your application via the "Ansøg" link.
Deadline for applications is June 30th, but applications are continuously reviewed.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder