Would you like to support wind farm construction with data-driven insights on progress and performance, to drive down the cost of electricity?
Join us and become Daily Progress Reporting Specialist in Offshore Operation, Logistics & DPR where you’ll be responsible for overseeing the entire DPR data pipeline, from point of capture through data quality assurance and analyses to delivery of data-driven insights to relevant stakeholders. In the DPR team, we collect data on durations of installation activities in the Group’s offshore wind farm construction using a Daily Progress Reporting (DPR) system. These data are crucial for our understanding of progress, contractors’ performance, project benchmarking and optimisation. We’re looking for a new DPR specialist to continue supporting our construction projects while developing new solutions in how we handle and utilise data as an organisation.
Your key tasks will be to:
- define what to measure in conjunction with the relevant project management
- train offshore personnel in logging of DPR data
- check and ensure high data quality
- develop and maintain progress and performance analyses through dashboards
- identify and suggest new use of data to support project stakeholders in optimising their processes.
Furthermore, you’ll support data-driven contract management and explore and discover new data-driven insights from DPR and other relevant data sources. You’ll also support bid processes through benchmarking of historic project performance.
In addition, you’ll gain understanding of project stakeholders’ operational reality and challenges and thereby support stakeholders with requested data analyses by suggesting data and/or insights of interest
Your competences include that you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in data science, statistics, engineering or equivalent
- have solid numeracy, analytical and technical skills, as well as a good understanding of engendering and analysing data
- have a passion for visualising and communicating insights based on data
- are a highly competent user of business intelligence platforms such as Power BI or Tableau, and of programming languages such as Python or R
- are also proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel. Experience with relational databases is beneficial
As a person, you’re reliable, flexible and full of initiative, ready to develop and implement new ideas and solutions. You strive to deliver the best possible service to our customers and stakeholders and have a proactive and pragmatic approach to the development of new solutions that satisfy customer needs. Finally, you’re able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and finalise tasks at agreed deadlines. You speak English at negotiation level and have good written communication skills.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us via the "Ansøg" link, as soon as possible and no later than 17 January 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dan Knudsen, Head of Offshore Operation, Logistics & DPR, by telephone on +45 9955 2702 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You can expect some on and offshore travel in relation to your role (20-30 days).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.