Silicom Denmark is growing and is in a positive development stage. To strengthen the Customer support team, the company is looking for yet another dedicated Field Application Engineer / Customer supporter, who is passionate about working with our customers and understanding their need to succeed.
This is a unique possibility for a software or FPGA developer that wants to change the focus from development to customer support and the realm of FPGAs and networking solutions.
Silicom Denmark has a wide range of FPGA based network interface cards. All cards are based on either Xilinx and Intel PSG FPGAs equipped with different memory technologies. As a new FAE at Silicom Denmark you will be responsible for helping customers getting started with our products as well as troubleshooting and debug when everything is not working out of the box. But also involvement in Proof of concept task and customer projects, as part of the bridge between R&D and customer.
You will have a lot of direct contact with our customers’ development departments, helping their engineers to reach their goals. Typically, the products are interfaced via SW APIs, from host but some products use embedded CPUs or SoCs next to FPGAs.
We are an international company with customers spread across the globe, so travel may occur.
Your primary tasks:
- Technical lead responsible for supporting the customers’ integration of our application software and FPGA technology solutions into their solutions.
- Supporting customers in getting started with our various solutions, based on FPGA accelerated network cards.
- Driven and participate in the technical aspects of product demonstrations and Proof-of-concept activities with customers.
- Supporting SW and our FPGA applications in the area of OVS, packet capture, encryption and other FPGA offloading functions are also part of the tasks. Specific knowledge of the applications technology area is not required.
- Build and maintain demo and test platform platform cluster used by customers, partners and internally for the support team’s own needs in supporting customers.
- Improvement of our customer documentation in cooperation with our technical writer.
- Pick up on customer requirements.
- In cooperation with Product management and R&D, define what is required to support our customers.
- You will be working close with HW, SW and FPGA Engineers in our R&D to get the right answers for our customers.
- Support is not limited to first line support but will often times also dive into second and third level support tasks.
- Construct customer application scenarios.
Your profile includes:
- Some knowledge of programming languages, preferable experience with C/C++ and python.
- Understanding of networks, network packets and protocols.
- Good understanding of Linux, and compilation, in various distributions is a benefit.
- Experience with server virtualization deployment models is a benefit.
- Comfortable in communicating directly with customers in support or integration efforts.
- Understanding of customer support process and ticketing systems.
- Self-motivating and can take ownership of tasks, including persistently driving and following up on them.
- Comfortable with server HW equipment from major vendors.
- It is a prerequisite that you are comfortable speaking and writing English.
You will, on a daily basis, have the possibility to contribute to the improvement of our customer satisfaction. You will be trained in the use of our products and gain experience with issues that may give rise to customer tickets. You will be involved in customer pre- and post-sales support to understand requirements and support the sales team on technical matters.
The position refers to the VP of Solutions and Sales Support, and you will be a part of a dedicated, international team with a high team spirit and a high level of professionalism. Silicom Denmark has an innovative, motivating and dynamic development environment, where you will have the opportunity to gain influence and work with the newest technology. Silicom Denmark is characterized by a flat structure and open culture, and the position involves a close collaboration with Sales, Product management, R&D and Operations.
The ideal candidate is inspired by customer contact and has an engineering background (candidate or bachelor degree) combined with min 2 years of experience as a SW developer or Network Engineer within the Network, monitoring, Security Datacenter or Telecom industry. Experience with customer support is an advantage but not a requirement.
How to apply:
Please send your application to Silicom Denmark’s VP of Solutions & Sales Support Anders Poulsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
For further information:
Please contact VP of Solutions & Sales Support Anders Poulsen (email@example.com / 5362 4978)
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
About Silicom Denmark:
Silicom Denmark A/S, formerly Fiberblaze A/S, located in Søborg Denmark, is a Danish IT- and
Datacom company founded in 2008. In 2014 Fiberblaze was acquired by Silicom Ltd. and is
now a fully owned subsidiary. All Silicom Denmark’s development is driven and controlled out of
our office in Denmark.
Silicom Denmark is a significant international OEM supplier of FPGA based high performance
Network Interface Cards for the Financial, Telecommunication and Cyber Security sectors. The
growth is fueled by Silicom Denmark’s ability to provide solutions matching customer
requirements, from unconfigured hardware platforms to fully configured solutions.
Silicom Denmark’s portfolio includes Capture and Financial solutions within the range of 1 –
100Gb/s, unconfigured network cards as well as IP Cores for FPGAs.
In Silicom Denmark you will join app. 40 dedicated colleagues in a flat informal organization with
fast decision-making processes. The environment is very dynamic and characterized by
innovation, a pioneering spirit and cooperation. The company culture is a “we culture” where
everyone pitches in to influence projects and daily schedules. You will have the freedom to do
your own planning, and you will be a part of a hardworking team that also takes the time to have