Cost Engineer for offshore wind CAPEX modelling
Do you want to help secure our future portfolio of offshore wind farms?
Join the market leader in offshore wind and become Cost Engineer in the Costing Forms department where you’ll be responsible for the development of the CAPEX estimating tools that are used across our entire offshore wind project portfolio. These tools are used to form the backbone of the business case for our offshore wind projects and are a key driver in reducing the cost of energy.
We offer a unique and varied role where you’ll work across the offshore wind portfolio and have every opportunity to develop your knowledge, competences and skill set. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
Based on the candidate profiles, we’ll evaluate the need for a Specialist or Senior Specialist position.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for the cost estimating models for a selected number of strategic modules
- work closely with Engineering, Procurement and Construction to ensure the latest technology and commercial assumptions are represented in the cost baseline
- manage a variety of stakeholders from different disciplines
- ensure compliance with established cost estimating processes, systems and industry best practice
- ensure continuous focus on data quality and integration with IT tools and governance.
We currently work mainly in Excel but are also part of a company-wide Agile project to mature our IT platform, which integrates SQL and data analytics as well as other design and simulation tools used to optimise the budgeting process.
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in engineering, business administration or finance
- have experience working with cost estimation, preferably for complex infrastructure projects
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work and a drive to handle complex tasks
- have a high level of MS Excel competence
- are able to communicate and create good relationships with stakeholders.
Furthermore, you have the ability to thrive in an international environment. You’ll join a team of highly skilled specialists and are expected to swiftly take up the role and accept responsibility for your own tasks.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Søren Jessen, Senior Manager in CAPEX Modelling, by telephone on +45 9955 4380 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travel activity in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder