Do you like the challenges of steel structures placed in a corrosive environment? And would you like to be part of the sustainable development of wind energy?
Join us and become our new Corrosion Engineer in Structural Engineering where you and your colleagues cover the entire design process - from concept studies to final design - for offshore wind energy structures. We also make life-time assessments and re-evaluations of existing structures or make design of improvements if necessary.
Your key tasks will be to
- design and help install corrosion monitoring and assist in assessing the system performance of our structures
- participate in research and development in the area, on- and offshore, thereby increasing the competence level of the company and yourself
- support our Wind Power Operations business by providing integrity evaluations of existing structures.
You'll perform these tasks in close cooperation with our Senior Lead Corrosion Specialist and with our structural and corrosion engineers.
Your competences include that you
- have a master's degree in engineering, material physics or another relevant technical education at a similar level
- experience with steel structures in an offshore environment is an advantage
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Moreover, through your degree and your work experience, you understand the physical and chemical details of corrosion and corrosion protection, and you’re able to discuss the structural impacts from corrosion with the structural engineers. You’re dedicated to your work, produce precise documentation and have good communication skills.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 October 2018, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Birit Buhr Jensen, Senior Lead Corrosion Specialist in Structural Engineering, by telephone on +45 9955 1059 if you'd like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder