Coordinator ensuring progress and quality in our work with IT continuity
Do you understand the need for IT continuity, and do you want to be part of ensuring an uninterrupted supply of green energy?
Join us and become IT Continuity Coordinator in our IT Continuity Center of Excellence where you’ll be responsible for coordinating and driving forward the effort to make sure that the organisation is resilient and prepared when it comes to disastrous IT events. You’ll be part of a team comprising diverse skills within both technical areas, regulatory compliance and process excellence.
Your key tasks will be to
- coordinate and facilitate the team’s work and workshops, both internally and for stakeholders in IT and business, ensuring progress and quality
- plan, conduct and report on IT continuity testing of applications as well as shared IT services
- assist with creation and updating of Technical Recovery Plans and supporting documentation
- drive communication activities with stakeholders.
- You’ll be the one ensuring that all the team’s activities are aligned both internally in the team as well as with the outside world.
Your competences include that you
- have a general understanding of IT concepts, IT operations in general and especially IT infrastructure
- have knowledge of ITSM processes and service management in general
- have a basic understanding of one or more project management frameworks and understanding of agile delivery methods and terminology
- are a curious person who is willing to learn new things and are not afraid to delve into areas that you’re not an expert in
- can drive the team and stakeholders forward in an efficient manner.
We’re still forming the team and defining what we’ll deliver, so you should expect some changes to the role and be ready to partake in defining our common future.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Hemmingsen, Senior Manager of Service Operation Center, by telephone on +45 9955 6928 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.