The Center for Microbial Secondary Metabolites, CeMiSt, is a Center of Excellence funded by the Danish National Research Foundation (DG). The Center started 1st January 2018 and run for six years with an option for a four year extension. The Center is based at the Technical University of Denmark and hosted by Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering). Three DTU departments and 10 senior faculty participate in the Center and >15 PhD students and postdocs have been hired. The purpose of CeMiSt is to unravel the biological role of microbial secondary metabolites in natural microbiological communities. The Center is led by Professor Lone Gram.
DTU Bioengineering covers microbial ecology and physiology, industrial biotechnology and biomedicine and health. The department consists of approx.40 faculty and more than 100 PhD students and postdocs.
We are seeking a coordinator to assist the Center leader in running and coordinating practical, administrative, financial, scientific and social activities in CeMiSt.
The coordinator will:
- Assist the center leader and other CeMiSt scientists in arranging meetings, write agenda and minutes and be the anchor of correspondence with external collaborators
- Plan and run Center arrangements (workshops, seminars, conferences)
- Collect and process information for yearly Center reports
- Assist in maintaining the Data Management Plan of the Center
- Write news for (and update) the Center webpage (based on Sitecore) and social media, such as twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist guests and center staff with all issues related to arrival and work at the Center, and in collaboration with the DTU HR office, help with visa and work permits
- Help develop and maintain a social and scientific environment that facilitates well-being and creative science
- Keep overview of budget and cost statements in collaboration with the DTU finance center
All work tasks will be done in close collaboration with the Center leader and staff at DTU Bioengineering and at DTU.
Our expectations of you
We are looking for a candidate with an MSc or PhD background and an interest in how to facilitate development of excellent science. You must be very well organized, capable of handling many tasks at once, structured and capable of interacting with many different people. Also, a good sense of humor will be appreciated. Reading and understanding Danish is not required but an advantage.
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The period of employment is 6 years. The main work place is DTU campus at Lyngby.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 15 May 2021. Open the “Apply” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Lone Gram, firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2368 8295.
You can read more about DTU Bioengineering at www.bioengineering.dtu.dk and a DTU podcast introduces the Center. The center web-page is www.cemist.dtu.dk and we are on twitter (@cemist_dtu) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/center-for-microbial-secondary-metabolites-48b070159/)
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.