Coordinator to the Center of Excellence
DTU Bioengineering covers microbial ecology and physiology, industrial biotechnology and biomedicine and health.
Coordinator to the Center of Excellence, Center for Microbial Secondary Metabolites, CeMiSt
The Center for Microbial Secondary Metabolites, CeMiSt, is one of 10 new Centers of Excellence funded by the Danish National Research Foundation (DG). The Center will be opened 1st January 2018 and run for six years with an option for a four year extension. The Center is based at the Technical University of Denmark and hosted by Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering). Three DTU departments and 10 senior faculty participate in the Center and >15 PhD students and postdocs will be hired. The purpose of CeMiSt is to unravel the biological role of microbial secondary metabolites in natural microbiological communities. The Center will be lead by Professor Lone Gram.
DTU Bioengineering covers microbial ecology and physiology, industrial biotechnology and biomedicine and health. The department consists of approx. 25 faculty and more than 80 PhD students and postdocs.
Primary areas of responsibility
We are seeking a coordinator to assist the Center leader in running and coordinating practical, administrative, financial, scientific and social activities in CeMiSt. The coordinator will:
- Assist the center leader and other CeMiSt scientists in arranging meetings, write agenda and minutes and be the anchor of correspondence with external collaborators
- Plan and run Center arrangements (workshops, seminars, conferences)
- Collect and process information for Center reports
- Establish and update the Center web page in collaboration with the Department communication expert
- Write news for the Center webpage and for the DG webpage
- Write news for social media, such as twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist guests and center staff with all issues related to arrival and work at the Center, and in collaboration with the DTU HR office, help with visa and work permits
- Help develop and maintain a social and scientific environment that facilitates well-being and creative science
- Coordinate and facilitate writing of applications for external research funding
- Keep overview of budget and cost statements in collaboration with the DTU finance center
- Assist in hiring of staff for the Center, in collaboration with department HR personnel
All work tasks will be carried out in close collaboration with the Center leader and staff at DTU Bioengineering and at DTU.
We are looking for a candidate with an MSc or PhD background in microbiology and an interest in how to facilitate development of excellent science. You must be very well organized, structured and capable of interacting with many different people. Also, a good sense of humor will be appreciated. Reading and understanding Danish is not required but an advantage.
Our expectations of you
Candidates should have a MSc (or PhD) degree in microbiology. Experience with organisational work is an advantage.
The assessment of the applicants will be made by 1st December with start 1st January 2018. It may be possible to start half-time from December 1st 2017.
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
DTU is hosting several Centers of Excellence and you can read more about the Danish National Research Foundation and the Center concept here: www.dg.dk/en/
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for academic employees. The period of employment is 6 years.
The main work place is DTU campus at Lyngby.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 15 October 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link
Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Professor Lone Gram, email@example.com or +45 2368 8295. You can read more about DTU Bioengineering at www.bioengineering.dtu.dk and a DTU podcast introduces the Center.
Please do not send applications to this e-mail address, instead apply online as described above.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 2368 8295