In Service Wind Power we are establishing a global R&D department for the development of new service products. The R&D organization will consist of various research domains, one being 'SCADA / Grid / Controls'. Key deliverable of this specific domain will be smart control features that outline the next generation of upgrade products of our portfolio. Our turbines are generating vast amount of data information every minute. Leveraging on this data to unfold optimization potential in the turbine control policy is already a major focus area but will be further strengthened in the future.
For this new department we are looking for a SCADA / Grid / control R&D engineer to drive the software feature side of our product portfolio related to modernizations and upgrades.
What are my responsibilities?
- Development and implementation of new control features
- Identification of new relevant control approaches based on market research as well as testing in the field
- Drive the execution of different R&D projects
- Stay on top of new research by collaborating closely with 3rd party institutes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a strong technical background, ideally a Master’s degree in electrical engineering preferable with focus on control systems
- You have a 2-5 years’ experience with wind turbine system controls being comfortable with interface and system requirements. You know how to design and program complex control algorithms
- You have experience with engineering simulation software, and relevant experience with programming languages such as MATLAB or SQL
- Furthermore you have experience in project management and -execution from mid- to large scale R&D projects, preferably from the wind energy industry
- You have a solid understanding of IT and data analysis and you are an experienced user of MS Office
- You possess high analytical skills and a structured and quality oriented mindset. Furthermore you can demonstrate good English skills, both orally and in writing
- Preferable you have profound understanding of the system around the wind turbine as well as the control of the wind turbine and wind farms
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder