Come and be our new small bore four-stroke engineer in a lively and pulsating working atmosphere! Our Testing & Control Department in Holeby is looking for a new colleague to develop new control functions / features, implement updates and perform tests on our small bore four-stroke engine program. You will interact with engine design colleagues and support our worldwide net of licensees and customers.
MAN Energy Solutions is world-leading within engine technology, knowledge and maintenance. As our new colleague you will be part of an experienced team providing the best service to our customers. You will be challenged professionally; thus developing your skills in an inspiring and international environment.
What are you going to do?
Your job will be a combination of tasks in the office and travelling activities of approximately 50 days per year; depending on requirements.
As our Control & Test Engineer, you will:
- design and develop engine control systems including wiring diagrams (PC-Schematics) and PLC programming
- work out part lists and spare part plates for our engine control system including support material for manuals and similar
- take part in feasibility studies of control functionalities for special customer requests
- perform engine tests (new engine types/variants, new components, etc.) primarily on engines in service or at our licensees in the Far East
- prepare engines (running-in, adjustment of parameters, etc.) for FAT / participate in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) at our licensees
- support licensees and customers with technical troubleshooting and clarification
- prepare technical reports and documentation of test results, RCA (Root Cause Analysis), etc.
- provide internal support for our four-stroke organization.
Who are you?
You work with professional confidence and a high degree of independency. Further, you are quality-conscious and service-minded and like to work in a multicultural environment.
We prefer that you:
- are marine engineer, electrical contractor or similar – perfect match would be a marine engineer with a professional electrical technician education
- have around five years of experience
- have experience and solid knowledge of diesel engines, preferably with background in / knowledge about software and parameter settings for combustion engines, power technique or similar
- have electrical skills for programmable logic, functionality and control sequence
- have some years of experience with project management, testing, commissioning and/or operation of large ship diesel engines
- have good cooperation skills, open-mindedness and ability to handle unforeseen situations with a high degree of responsibility
- speak and write English fluently
How is your new team?
Four-Stroke Testing & Control is part of the MAN ES Four-Stroke Engineering unit in Holeby with around 40 people covering also engine and application design. Your tasks will be versatile and cover the engines from development to production and until they go out of service. Thus; in your daily work you will be cooperating with colleagues from our internal, worldwide organization as well as with external customers.
We are a team with good unity, where the daily life is characterized by an informal atmosphere and a pleasant social work environment. You will work in close cooperation with skilled and motivated colleagues who are passionate about their job, and they are looking forward to learning from you – and of course share their knowledge.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarters in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 1,900 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby.
150 colleagues are located in Holeby where we work with technology, sales and service. We are the global hub for MAN’s renowned GenSets. We also work with stationary power plants and after sales of spare parts (PrimeServ) and the associated technical service.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 15 August 2021. We will conduct interviews after the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Finn Fjeldhøj by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.