For our Generator Technology Design Team we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Generator Control Engineer for our engineering head offices at Brande, Denmark. You will develop advanced control strategies for industry leading permanent magnet direct drive generators for wind turbines. You will implement and validate your control strategies on test rigs and turbines ensuring that they operate smoothly and efficiently for the benefit of society
What are my responsibilities?
- Tuning control systems for direct drive generators
- Testing and validating control algorithms on direct drive generators
- Developing new control algorithms for generator control
- For the right person there might me a possibility to run technology projects yourself
Some travel activities must be expected
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a Master or a PhD in motor/generator control engineering with relevant industry experience in an R&D environment, where you have pushed the boundaries of your organisations technical knowledge
- You have experience in applied control engineering tasks
- You are capable of producing high quality documentation
- If you have some project management skills it would be an advantage
- You have an excellent knowledge of electrical machines and appreciate the operational requirement of your application, along with a proven track record of implementing your control strategies
- You are familiar with MATLAB Simulink and preferably Finite Element Modeling packages
- You are familiar with the contemporary control strategies for permanent magnet machines such as vector control, direct torque control, PWM strategies, sensorless control, condition monitoring etc
- You are able to manage your own time effectively
- You are proactive, work well within a small team of like-minded engineers and capable of presenting technical ideas and concepts to a wider audience
- You possesses excellent English skills - written as well as verbally
- You have a very good people skills - and are an excellent communicator
- You have a valid driver’s license
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Arwyn Thomas via phone +44 7808 827221
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder