For our Loads and Control department in Technology, we are looking for a Control Engineer to strengthen the wind turbine control team
Our R&D department (Technology) forms the core of our technological leadership, and building values like excellence, innovation and responsibility, the personal and professional development of our employees is essential to us. Cooperative working methods and informal atmosphere throughout the organization is central. The Technology department in Brande, Denmark currently employs approximately 800 people.
For our Loads and Control department in Technology, we are looking for a Control Engineer to strengthen the wind turbine control team. With the high level aim of minimizing the cost of energy produced by our wind turbines, the team is responsible for the development of wind turbine controllers, control features and the related tool chain. As a control engineer you will be part of a dynamic team of committed engineers, and you will have the opportunity to convert a profound understanding of control systems into robust solutions which works in the real world.
What are my responsibilities?
- Based on field operational experience and customer requirements, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and validation of wind turbine control software and features
- Focus of your work will be both on improving the general performance of the fleet as well as engaging in developing wind turbine controllers of the future
- Integration of controller functionality into wind turbine simulation and hardware platform using Model (Simulink) Based Controller Design
- Controller solution certification
- Turbine project specific controller tuning and validation
- Operational root cause analysis
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold an engineering degree at M.Sc. or PhD level and you have a strong background within control systems development - preferably from the wind turbine industry
- You are an experienced Matlab/Simulink and C programmer
- You are proactive and structured and you have a holistic mind-set and strong analytical skills
- You are outgoing and have a result orientated approach to your work and are capable of keeping a sense of perspective during hectic situations
- You thrive in an international organization
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Sune Baun Christensen via phone +45 3037 6832
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder