Consulant with flair for processes and an eye for the technical angle
Are you good at processes and facilitation while also having an understanding of the technical side?
Are you good at processes and facilitation while also having an understanding of the technical side? Can you coordinate larger projects? And do you possess the ability to translate complicated material into understandable and relatable text? Do you furthermore have experience in the areas of radioactive waste management or safety assessments? Then you are the one we are looking for!
At Danish Decommissioning, we solve a unique task in a Danish context: the clean up after more than 40 years of research and experimental activities at Risoe, the only site in Denmark with nuclear activities. At the same time, we handle and store radioactive waste from both the operation and decommissioning of the facilities as well as from the rest of the Danish society.
We are also an active participant in the process of finding a long-term solution for Denmark's radioactive waste, together with other directly involved organizations. The public attention on the subject is great and many stakeholders needs to be involved in the process.
The position requires collaboration between employees with many different professional skillsets, and a great will and ability to come up with innovative solutions.
At the same time, it requires the active involvement of a wide range of external stakeholders.
At Danish Decommissioning, you will become part of our Management Secretariat, where you will work with a long-term solution for Denmark's radioactive waste in close collaboration with the Head of the Management Secretariat, our Radiation protection unit and our Strategic radioactive waste unit.
Your most important tasks:
- Contribute to preparing the process for a long-term solution for Denmark's radioactive waste
- Actively seek out and carry out international research relatable to the solution for the disposal of the Danish radioactive waste
- Search for cooperation opportunities in relation to innovative projects
- Organize and carry out projects and workshops on a larger and smaller scale around the waste's path to disposal
- Prepare analysis, reports etc. ad hoc
Danish Decommissioning is the only operator for radioactive waste in Denmark. Experience in radioactive waste management or waste management in general will be an advantage. Otherwise, we offer a comprehensive introductory program, which includes a 12-week course that will give you a basic knowledge of radioactivity.
We expect you to:
- Have a higher education with a good combination of process and technical understanding
- Have experience with policy and strategy work, preferably from a politically led organization
- Have great analytical skills and a structured approach to your work
- Be good at both writing and presenting in English
- Have project leader experience
- Preferably have some knowledge of problems containing both technical and socio-economic aspects
- Be proactive and good at networking and involving others in your project work
Terms of employment
The open position is fulltime, 37 hours a week. Salary and terms of employment will be according to relevant agreement for the Danish labour market
Place of work is Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark.
The job involves international travel for research and participation in conferences to the extent of expectedly 8-10 days per year. We organize the travel activity together so it fits into the work/life balance as far as possible.
Send your online application no later than October 24th 2022. First interviews will take place in week 46 and second interviews in week 47. The start date for the position is January 1st 2023. You can send your application in Danish or English. Note, that the form in the online recruiting system regarding personal data will be in Danish.
You can read more about Danish Decommissioning at our website www.dekom.dk
Danish Decommissioning invites all interested parties, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnicity, to apply for the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder