Conceptual Cost Manager – make intelligent audio and video solutions possible
Ready to join the expert team behind the scenes who make sure costs for developing our innovative headsets and video conference tools are nothing but optimal?
Challenge yourself as a conceptual cost manager at GN and become part of the very early concept development phases of our intelligent audio solutions.
“You will work with brand new products, never seen before. And you will collaborate closely with skilled engineers and developers from R&D to ensure optimal cost scenarios – a key factor for continuous growth within GN,” says Sr. Director, Project & Partner Management, Per Romose.
GN Audio – home of Jabra
Through its Jabra brand, GN works to lead major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions – and we are always working on new projects that push the limits of what our products can do.
At our HQ in Ballerup, you will join the Conceptual Cost Management team within Global Operations. Together with 6 colleagues, you will support our R&D and Product Management teams building solid cost scenarios to make the development process for brand new products profitable – from concept to product delivery.
“You will join an international team based in Denmark and China. This will challenge your ability to collaborate across boarders – and navigate between different cultures,” says Per.
Ensure the right costs for innovative audio solutions
As our new conceptual cost manager, you will become a key driver in the very early concept development phases of our new headsets, headphones and video conference tools.
Functioning as the link between R&D and Sourcing, you will challenge R&D on their choice of materials, technologies and suppliers to ensure cost-effective processes and to achieve ambitious product cost targets.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the organization with value/cost analysis on our products, e.g. via should-cost modeling, and target setting (permissible cost)
- Investigate cost-effective designs and motivate others to pursue them – this includes exploring manufacturability by mapping value/cost opportunities and their impact on the product design
- Help R&D and Product Management understand the relationship between product features and their cost – and you ensure commitment to stay within the target
- Clarify, communicate and reduce product cost uncertainty to minimize risks for new product introductions
- Support and represent sourcing strategies in concepting projects
- Support technical studies with value/cost analysis and anchor your learnings in cost estimation tools
Agile environment and a unique team spirit
You will get to work in a highly agile set-up where things move fast. We are experiencing tremendous growth, and you will play a key role in making your team succeed with their business targets.
We work closely together in our open office and share a relaxed working atmosphere where we always help each other out when needed.
”To be honest, I have never experienced such a great working culture and cohesiveness in a team before. You can look forward to that,” finishes Per.
You are a chameleon – with technical flair and cost understanding
To be successful in this role, it is important that you possess a great deal of patience and drive – both when it comes to managing various stakeholders and regarding the development process as not all prototypes end up on the market.
From here, there are different ways into the position. Maybe you are an engineer or have a technical background with a strong commercial understanding and cost-awareness – or maybe you come from a commercial field with a strong technical understanding, enabling you to discuss technical aspects related to materials, technology and suppliers with R&D.
- Bring solid experience from a similar role where you have worked with costs and consumer electronics
- Are curious about how much things cost and like to break things apart to see the components and recognize the cost drivers
- Are probably familiar with the tear-down videos on the internet and like to understand what makes a product cost the way it does
- Have the flexibility to travel 20-25 days a year to visit colleagues and manufacturers in China
- Speak and write English effortlessly
In return, we of course offer a good salary, employee bonus (10%) and pension scheme where GN pays 10%.
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than March 24, 2021. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
GN is a prudent and responsible company and take the spread of CONVID19 very serious. All initial interviews will for that reason be carried out through virtual medias.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Sr. Director, Project & Partner Management, Per Romose on + 45 24 66 40 38.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.