Conceptual Cost Manager
Are you driven by working with product development? And do you have solid experience with cost break downs and design for value? Do you want to use your commercial and technical knowledge to optimize costs and help shape the future of Jabra products?
Become Jabra’s new Conceptual Cost Manager and help bringing great audio products that shape Jabra’s extensive audio technology portfolio from headsets to video conferencing tools.
Join our global team
Through its Jabra brand, GN Audio is a world leader in innovative hands-free audio solutions, and as Conceptual Cost Manager, you will be part of the Conceptual Cost Management team. With your technical skills in product development in place, your main responsibility will be supporting Product Management and R&D concepting teams, with building solid cost scenarios that will render the projects profitable at all stages from concepts to actual product delivery. Working in a global team with offices in China and Denmark, you will join a team of dedicated colleagues in Ballerup headquarters.
Manage costs and help shape the future of audio technology
As a Conceptual Cost Manager, you are solution orientated and have a business understanding combined with cost-awareness and strong interpersonal and negotiation competencies. You have a strong drive, allowing you to challenge the way we do things and you maintain a passion for quality and attention to detail.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the organization with value/cost analysis on our products, e.g. via should-cost modeling, and target setting (permissible cost)
- Investigate cost-effective designs and motivate others to pursue them. Explore manufacturability by mapping value/cost opportunities and their impact on the product design
- Successfully manage your stakeholders and help them understand the relationship between product features and their cost. Ensure commitment to stay within the target
- Clarify, communicate and reduce product cost uncertainty to minimize risks for new product introductions
- Represent sourcing strategies in concepting projects
- Engage in Tech Studies, value/cost analysis and anchor your learnings in cost estimation tools
- For us, what constitutes success in this position is the ability to define and help achieve ambitious product cost targets
The ideal candidate would be an engineer-entrepreneur who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Developed products previously and owned the cost responsibility
- Managed cost to create the highest value proposition within the target and capable of promoting best practices in design for value and manufacturing
- Is curious about how much things cost, likes to break things apart to see the components and recognizes the cost drivers
- Is familiar with the tear-down videos on the internet and tries to understand what makes a product cost the way it does
- Has good and organized skills in reporting the findings and helps others in the concepting team by providing cost transparency and is ready to share the cost information with the cross-functional teams
- Does not mind using excel as a tool on a daily basis
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Has a strong customer focus, a drive and the familiarity to working in teams where knowledge is shared, and ideas are freely discussed
If this position has caught your attention and you wish to apply, please forward a cover letter with your motivation for applying along with your resume. If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Director of Operations Project & Partner Management, Per Romose, by phone +45 2466 4038.
Deadline for applications is January 24, 2021. We review applications on an on-going basis and recommend you to apply as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.