Concept & Layout Engineer for offshore wind farms
Do you want to join our team and contribute to ensuring the development of first-class performing wind farms?
Join us and become Concept & Layout Engineer in the Wind Farm Concept department, where you’ll help to optimise and plan the scope for the development of technical concepts and layouts for offshore wind farm development projects.
The Concept team is a growing team of dedicated and skilled engineers with different backgrounds. By using your specialist competences in a project development environment, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our conceptual design of the wind farms is challenged and secured throughout the development process. You’ll be working on various projects with teams of highly skilled specialists in different phases of the project life.
Depending on your experience, you’ll be employed at either specialist or senior specialist level.
Your key tasks will be to
- optimise planned wind farm layouts, conceptual technical designs and installation set-ups to improve the technical solution and business case
- analyse and coordinate internal stakeholders and occasional external stakeholders in relation to the technical design envelope and consent processes
- analyse different wind farm scenarios by combining WTGs, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines and array cables in close cooperation with the project managers, engineering leads and consent managers for each area
- perform technical scope management and coordinate technical interfaces
- coordinate, challenge and ensure alignment across all case drivers, including technical specifications, CAPEX, OPEX, ABEX, yield and risk, as well as optimising the processes.
Additionally, you’ll act as both an offshore wind farm specialist and a project manager. You’ll be working in a matrix organisation with a line manager and will also report directly to a project manager on the individual projects.
Your competences include that you
- preferably, have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar discipline
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbines, electrical systems or offshore installation processes
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases
- can easily work with many stakeholders and have strong communication skills
- are very proactive by nature and have a proven drive to create visible results
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently. You’re motivated by challenges to your personal and professional skills as well as by having the opportunity to challenge others. Finally, by drawing on strong people and analytical skills, you’re able to handle a range of complex tasks in a true cross-organisational position.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tove Dalsgaard, Head of Wind Farm Concept, by telephone on +45 9955 5721 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.