Computer Vision and Autonomous Systems Lead Developer
Are you passionate about developing state-of-the art computer vision based solutions within the area of robotics and autonomous systems? – and are you excited by the opportunity to lead projects and steer them towards success within this field?
At IPU we are driven by a vision of boosting the overall performance of people, machines, and systems by increasing the level of autonomy in machines and systems. – We call it “Building Brains into Machines”.
IPU specialize in solving complex technology challenges for businesses. We develop customized tech solutions based on a unique combination of digital and mechanical product development expertise supporting our clients in their sustainability and digitalization transformations.
We are experiencing a lot of interest from our industry clients in autonomous systems – our growing project portfolio is exciting and challenging. As a result, we are expanding our team with several new team members, including the new lead developer.
Role & Responsibilities
Do you have a background in developing computer vision algorithms for data intensive, real-time industrial applications? Are you motivated by working with others to reach challenging milestones and goals?
We are looking for someone who can lead development projects, while being a key contributor to the development tasks themselves. We work in a fast-paced environment, where being able to both plan and execute is key to success.
We offer a full-time position aimed at a lead developer with relevant working experience. Tasks and responsibilities will be allocated according to your experience level, areas of interest, and client demands, but will include one or several of the following areas:
- System architecture and design.
- Planning of projects, from long-term roadmaps to day-to-day tasks in order to ensure milestones are met.
- Development of computer vision algorithms.
- Development and implementation of machine learning and AI algorithms.
- Development of SLAM and other perception algorithms using various sensors, i.e. cameras and vision, lidars, radars, etc.
- Development of software stacks used to run any of the above algorithms, where a strong focus in placed on using modern development practices to ensure robust and safe code is deployed.
Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD in Engineering, Computer or Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Robotics, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working within a related field.
- Can provide examples of leading in, or having key responsibilities in, previous projects.
- Experience in a multinational setting is preferred.
- Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: C++, Python, Matlab.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Experience with the PCL library or ROS is a bonus.
- Experience with working with data from multiple sources: sensor preprocessing, data association, filtering, sensor fusion.
- Familiar with both classical computer vision approaches and machine learning approaches to solving vision problems.
- Experience with implementing deep learning algorithms is a bonus.
- Self-starter and result oriented.
- Open to direction, feedback, and discussions with highly motivated and competent colleagues.
- Strong communicator and team player.
Working at IPU
Join us on the exciting autonomous systems journey. We want you to be heavily involved in shaping our constantly changing portfolio of challenging projects. You will be a key player in creating an exciting developing environment for yourself and your very talented and ambitious co-developers.
IPU is a well-established technology provider located at DTU Science Park, Kgs. Lyngby, with a history of close collaboration with DTU researchers. We are an elite team consisting of engineers, researchers and system architects all passionate about technology, innovation and developing creative solutions for the benefit of our industry clients, and supporting the sustainability transformation. For more information about IPU, visit our website www.ipu.dk. ;
We offer an opportunity to shape your own job, flexible working hours, free gym access, excellent canteen and most importantly: Great colleagues!
Please forward your CV and a few lines about yourself and your interest in the position by email to CEO Søren Merit, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For question regarding the position and IPU, feel free to contact Søren by phone +45 45 16 04 11 or Autonomous Systems Tech Lead Jack Pimbert by phone +45 45 16 04 15.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.