Computational Scientist with Biotech background
To support us reaching our objectives, we are currently looking for a new computational scientist to join the Scientific Data Management
Computational Scientist with Biotech background, Bagsværd
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Novozymes has embarked on a journey where we further strengthen our ability to innovate fast, based on more and more advanced use of our research data. Novozymes has a strong foundation on traceability of key research data, and management of our massive amounts of genomics data. We wish to leverage this base while we increase the productivity of the global science community by providing seamless and intuitive access to experimental data, and state of the art data science and visualization tools.
To support us reaching our objectives, we are currently looking for a new computational scientist to join the Scientific Data Management and Governance team anchored in Novozymes Research & Technology.
As computational scientist, you will be part of a team that delivers supporting services within the areas of data management, data science and data governance of large amounts of biochemical and biological research data. Your stakeholders will be the entire global scientific community in Novozymes. You will provide support to research stakeholders across Novozymes along the entire data value chain, where you will be involved in understanding and mapping research processes with the objective of setting up structured data harvest schemes. Following the data flow, you will be supporting your research stakeholders in the field of data retrieval and data blending from our central data repository. Data doesn't add value until subjected to strong analytics. While our ambition is, that analytics needs to be driven by our scientists, your role will be to support the processes around analytics, statistics and visualization, so that we best leverage the capabilities of our tools and data.
Your area of responsibility includes:
- Working closely with scientists and lab technicians to anchor processes by which experimental data is collected in the lab, stored and secured so that it is accessible for data driven research
- Driving the implementation of data science and analytics tools, and establishing and delivering relevant training in these
- Where needed, you will assist your research colleges across Novozymes in leveraging and gaining full value of the analytical tool chain, and you will act as an internal consultant where relevant
- Taking part in defining the data governance necessary to safeguard data while keeping agility high.
- Being part of a global communfity across Novozymes research, where data science and analytics can flourish and further drive our use of research data.
If you enjoy challenges and have an entrepreneurial mindset, this job will give a unique opportunity of impacting and improving how researchers in Novozymes use data science to support their research.
Please expect some travel as part of your job.
In this position, you need to:
- Have a Master's Degree or higher in computational biochemistry, biochemistry, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics or relevant disciplines and fluent in spoken and written English.
- Have a strong and documented experience in working with extensive research data sets either from previous position or a postdoc or similar.
- Have a documented knowledge of statistics and data analytics and skilled in tools like R, Jmp, Tableau, as well as strong programming skills in Python or equivalent.
- Have a knowledge of data governance better practices.
- Have experience with scientific databases and data modelling in relational/SQL and/or NoSQL database systems is an advantage.
- Domain knowledge in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, lab processes and/or bioinformatics at a level where you can easily engage with scientists and lab assistants, is an advantage.
- Have a tenacious yet adaptable mindset that helps you drive for results. You have a collaborative and influential approach, a strong customer focus and excellent networking skills.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let's realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet's resources and helping build better lives. As the world's largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Søren Stenz Egestad on +45 3077 3303. Please expect some delay in response, due to summer holidays. Alternatively, please contact Katrine K. Skeby on , or +45 3077 3123.
Application deadline: 8 August 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder